Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Monarch plus rebound
  • dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Basically – What should the range of rebound be like on a monarch plus? from treacle to super fast or is the range narrower?

So I’ve got a monarch plus on a last herb and I’m slightly confused by the rebound. I understand that the knob only adjusts the beginning stroke and the end is factory set. I can feel this when I remove a bit of air and bounce to get it to nearly bottom out and it rebounds nice and slowly which is what you’d want off a big drop or something to stop you going OTB?
    But twiddling the knob to adjust the beginning stroke doesn’t seem to have as big an effect as I’d expect. With fox shocks I’ve used in the past go from treacle slow to no damping at all. And I’m sure when I got this shock a few weeks back the slow end of the scale was treacle slow. Has the shock bedded in so much that the range has narrowed or has the beginning stroke rebound circuit gone a bit funny while the end stroke is still fine?

LoCo
    Free Member

Shims will ‘settle’ a bit on a new shock which may change the damping slightly.
    End of stroke rebound can be adjusted as part of a tune.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Ah was secretly hoping you’d see this one ha ha.
    It just seems to have drastically changed since i got it. I’ll ride it some more this weekend and figure out if i’m happy with it.
    It was such a change that I sent it off under warranty thinking it was broken…

LoCo
    Free Member

You caught me on a coffee break 😀

Bedding can make a changge to the damping but a significant one could point to other issues, so under standable you sent for warranty inspection was going to be my next suggestion.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Monarch plus rebound’ is closed to new replies.