Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Mojo Kashima Upgrade Program
  • footflaps

Kashima doesn’t look anything like the colour in the adverts – just bought two new 2011 Kashima forks and the stanchions look the virtually the same colour as pre-kashima forks.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Is that £160 plus cost of service or £160 including service?

£160 + Service for FIT retrofit – thats for my Talas 3 forks anyrate.

Email Simon @ Loco to get specific price for you fork would be best?

SBrock
    Free Member

Kashima doesn’t look anything like the colour in the adverts – just bought two new 2011 Kashima forks and the stanchions look the virtually the same colour as pre-kashima forks.

i got some 2012 Fox Van 36 RC2 kashimas and they look like the adeverts

outriderscot
    Free Member

i got some 140 talas kashima terralogics from coloradocycles the guy was a dick, blatently lied about shipping for 2 weeks, came within 4 days of actually shipping

Bit of a sweeping statement that.
    So I have used this guy – straightfwd transaction which got me a new set of forks hundreds of pounds cheaper than the UK prices. Took a few weeks, got exactly what I wanted, job done. Whats not to like.
    Personally – I’d recommend coloradocycles to anyone.
    Just to balance this out

adam_h
    Free Member

Kashima doesn’t look anything like the colour in the adverts – just bought two new 2011 Kashima forks and the stanchions look the virtually the same colour as pre-kashima forks

My 2011 36 Kashima Floats look like the advert, totally different colour to the normal stanchions on my other Fox Forks.

S_J
    Free Member

@ greeble

1 1/8th CSU now in the classifieds if you’re still interested??

pete68
    Free Member

I also got my 2012 f29 from ColaradoCycles. When i ordered i knew there would be a wait as they hadn’t actually been released at the time.As soon as they were in stock they were with me within a week,way before any were available in the UK.Would certainly use again.Also the Kashima coating is a dark gold,much different to my older forks.

S_J
    Free Member

Just got my 2010 Floats back from Mojo following the Kashima upgrade – you can see the difference in the two finishes below. When I spoke to them on the phone they actually told me that they had to change the uppers they were going to fit as there was some ‘discolouration’ to the Kashima finish on the original parts that were picked. It might be that the earlier batches weren’t consistent?? Superb service from Mojo as usual, just like getting a new set of forks back. thumbs up guys!

nuke

So you do get the original CSU back…good for having as a backup or failing that, flog them on for £50 – £100 potentially taking the upgrade cost down under £200 including a service. Not bad, not bad at all.

Northwind

The kashima coating colour is very variable- not a fault, just how the process is. Fox naturally used only very obvious ones for press issues and photoshoots. I think if I get my RP done I’ll ask them to find me the least blingy one in the box though, it’s a horrible colour.

oldfart

have to agree with jonnyvegas go rock shox !would never have fox forks again in a gift rear shocks ok but forks no thanks !

neallyman
    Free Member

The kashima coating colour is very variable

You couldn’t possibly know that unless you’d seen a gigantic ‘sample amount’ and compared them first hand. Which you haven’t!

Fox naturally used only very obvious ones for press issues and photoshoots

Spurious drivel, you’re making things up now, again you can’t possibly know that to be the case!

the colour and appearance on both sets of mine are equal, no discernable difference and both like those in the photo above. Nuff said.

🙂

Northwind

Ooh, an angered fanboi! Kashima isn’t a new process, it’s been around for years and the variable colouring has been too. So it’s not a surprise that it acts the same in forks as it does with everything else. Very like regular anodising, in that respect. Google “fox kashima colour” if you want to learn something.

Yet bizarrely enough the press shots are all of the colouring at its most distinctive, with very little variation at all.

retro83
    Free Member

neallyman – Member
    You couldn’t possibly know that unless you’d seen a gigantic ‘sample amount’ and compared them first hand. Which you haven’t!

Spurious drivel, you’re making things up now, again you can’t possibly know that to be the case!
    the colour and appearance on both sets of mine are equal, no discernable difference and both like those in the photo above. Nuff said.

So what’s your explanation for those kashima forks which have oddly coloured stanchions?

neallyman
    Free Member

Haha, nice retorts guys. Yeah I like Fox though I prefer my bos forks, now if only they came in Kashima too.

FWIW I can’t tell any difference in performance over my Kashima forks and previous non-kashimas, but from a tarty point of view I had to have them.

Anyway back to what I was getting at. NW you said ”very variable”. I’m not saying there is no variation in the colour process (like many, as you point out) but your perception is a subjective matter. VERY variable is a firm statement and I don’t think you can back that up. Variable – yes. VERY variable – no. And again, using Google ffs, all I saw were some people on this (and other similar) forums moaning. Now there’s a surprise eh!
    I’ll say it again, perception.
    As for

So what’s your explanation for those kashima forks which have oddly coloured stanchions?

WHICH forks do you refer (?) and what do you mean by ODDLY (?).

Cheers guys 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

‘Very’ is subjective though, and I think it’s a fair use of it here! You sound like a pillock.

retro83
    Free Member

WHICH forks do you refer (?) and what do you mean by ODDLY (?).

Cheers guys

I mean they don’t match I.e. that the process has clearly varied between the stanchions.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Mojo Kashima Upgrade Program’ is closed to new replies.