Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Mojo HD Sizing for a six footer
  • honourablegeorge

Anyone ride one? I’m about 6’1″, would have thought large, but I’m told they size up quite small… coming off a large Spicy.

vinnyeh

I’d probably go XL (assuming you’re of normal proportions) – I’m a couple of inches shorter, on a large, and it feels fairly compact, rather than lengthy. Best to try of course, there must be a few floating round here by now in various parts of the country, if you can’t get a demo bike.

humdinger
    Free Member

I’ve got a Large HD and I’m 6’1 also. Using it for trail riding and AM use (trail centers and Alp trips), it’s spot on. That said, mine’s a 160/160 not built for XC so if you want to build it in 140-guise for more trail/XC, then you might find the cockpit on the short side.
    It’s a lot of wonga to drop on a frame, so I’d say take the time and visit an Ibis dealer and measure for yourself as everyone’s body length balances are different and like different ‘feels’ to their bikes….
    AWESOME bike though, you’ll have NO regrets once you find your preferred size.

honourablegeorge

Thanks both…. what size stems are you on?

Would be a 160/160 bike, but very much pedalling up apart from Alps trips.

vinnyeh

what size stems are you on?

70mm.

humdinger
    Free Member

80mm

d45yth
    Free Member

I had this dilemma, like you say they come up small. I’ve short legs for my height so had to go with a large just so I could use a dropper post. My post is in as far as it will go (reverb) and I had to buy a saddle that wasn’t as thick as my old one! The XL HD has a 21″ seat tube, might be more with the clamp (the large is supposed to be 19″ but measures 19.5″ with clamp).
    Typical that Rockshox are now making the 2012 Reverb with a 100mm drop as well as 125mm.

xcentric
    Free Member

6′, large. Welcome to try mine for size if you’re in the Midlands. (Std Mojo, not HD or SL, but frame geo is the same)

geetee1972
    Free Member

Having spent time on a mate’s medium and at 6′ myself, I reckoned a large would be right. The medium felt a touch short for me, with a 50mm stem. I’m very long in the torso as well so while only a little shorter than you overall, I’m (ahem) long where it counts in bike sizing.

I would be really surprised if you needed an X-Large. If you did, it might not be the HD you want.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Mojo HD Sizing for a six footer’ is closed to new replies.