Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Mojo HD – now in 140mm flavour! One bike to rule them all?
  • psychle
    Free Member

Awesome news… Now, in combination with the 2011 36 Talas RC2, I honestly reckon you can have the 'one bike to rule them all': set the frame up with a 140mm RP23 and the fork at 140mm for general 'trail/AM' riding (with the option to open it up to 180mm if you so desire! 8) ), then when you're heading for the bigger stuff, set 'er up with a coil shock for 160mm out the back and 180mm up front… booyah! Plus throw in the Cane Creek Angleset and you can fiddle the head angle as well… all in all, a pretty versatile package, yes?

Now… what colour do I want? White, matte black or Vitamin P? Oh, and just how long is the waiting list in the UK?? 😆

psychle
    Free Member

Black

Vitamin P

White

backhander
    Free Member

Lovely and I hate to ruin your party but the 2011 talas 36s are 160 or 120 only.
    Oh, and a black one for me please.

psychle
    Free Member

ah…but I'm thinking of the 180mm RC2, so 180mm or 140mm 8)

here's a close-up of the black for your delectation 🙂

heihei

It is good. Demo'd one on Monday for a few hours…..

vinnyeh

Oh, and just how long is the waiting list in the UK??

Well, if you were serious, there's a couple of unsold frames hanging around.

Let's see you put your money down!

I think I'm going to swap across when there's a delivery with the short shock and link. Should be great for Epping Forest.

psychle
    Free Member

Should be great for Epping Forest.

Is that my sarcasm detector going off? 😉

Let's see you put your money down!

Very, very tempted… will need to sell pretty much every bike and bike related bit I own (excluding my Bow-ti and Indy Fab 😉 ), but I'm thinking more and more that the Mojo HD is what I really want! 😆

It is good. Demo'd one on Monday for a few hours…..

Where'd you arrange the demo for (and from)? What were/are you comparing it against and what kind of riding are you doing? Would appreciate your thoughts 🙂

MrNutt
    Free Member

somewhere not far from here thinktank just made a dirty mess!

Toasty

I've too seriously pondered selling everything for one of these beasts. Couple of sets of forks and you'd be done for everything. Using a standard Mojo at the mo, which is drastically beyond my skill, but this seems to do everything and more!

Bet you could get some decent lightish forks/wheels on, stick it in 140mm mode and race xc/marathons on that at a push. Followed by swapping to 180mm and downhilling/freeriding, silly.

vinnyeh

but I'm thinking more and more that the Mojo HD is what I really want!

Me too- I ummed and aahed for ages, but it would have meant buying a new fork as well, and it was only available in white at the time- oh, and it was another £300 more than the standard.
    The 140 was announced a couple of days after buying… 😕

psychle
    Free Member

Bet you could get some decent lightish forks/wheels on, stick it in 140mm mode and race xc/marathons on that at a push. Followed by swapping to 180mm and downhilling/freeriding, silly.

I suspect that'll be my plan if I do go down this path… two sets of forks will probably be a better idea than the one Talas 36 RC2 (180mm/140mm)?

heihei

I'll do a detailed review here and on MTBR tomorrow, but current ride is a DW 5-Spot, and previous to that, the standard Mojo. HD for me is pick of the bunch, esp as a do-it-all bike.

psychle
    Free Member

excellent to hear… look forward to reading your thoughts 🙂

shredder
    Free Member

Yep in black it will be mine ! Anyone fancy a SL frame in white 😆

Toasty

Good stuff heihei, very intruiged to how you found it compared to the normal Mojo.

ojom
    Free Member

vinneh – the offer is still open and did you get my msg btw?

vinnyeh

vinneh – the offer is still open and did you get my msg btw?

Thanks for the call Mark, appreciate it- I'm really enjoying the bike, no problems at all with it.
    I'll definitely be in contact once they start shipping the 140.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

I like the look of the new Cannondale Jekyl and Claymore bikes as one bike to rule them all type things, awaiting reviews……

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Yep in black it will be mine ! Anyone fancy a SL frame in white?

*cough* what size? *cough*

shredder
    Free Member

Frame is of the L variety 😛

TomHill
    Free Member

Gulp. That is lovely. Slightly out of my price range.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Mojo HD – now in 140mm flavour! One bike to rule them all?’ is closed to new replies.