Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Mojo HD headset query
  • clubby

Thinking off building up a mojo HD using current parts but need a new headset. What are people using? Standard builds use cane creek and website say chris king fits, but they’re pretty pricey these days. Hope do their pick and mix version in the right combo but do these fit ok?

Hadge
    Free Member

Why question if the Hope fits okay as against the others? I know most of the lads who ride the Ibis just use the Cane Creeks and they’ve all been happy with them. Ask on the mtbr forum as I’m sure there’s loads of advice on that site.

kevj
    Free Member

I’ve just fitted a hope pick ‘n mix to my 2012 SL-R with no problems at all (Same tapered headtube)

I went down this route so if I ever switched forks to taper, I’d only need replace the bottom section.

Headset runs smooth and I like the rubber seal on the lower crown race.

You will need to buy a Hope top cap though if you need everything to match. 😛

julians
    Free Member

I have the hope headset on my mojo HD, works fine, no problems.

neilforrow

The website is wrong, the king inset dosnt fit. Found that out the hard way.

I have got a hope pick-n-mix in mine.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Cane creek for me as well.

clubby

Kevj – already use a head doctor 🙂
    Hadge – Been through a few sets of bearings on another cane creek headset. Didn’t seem very well sealed. May have improved now.

Thanks for your help guys.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Mojo HD headset query’ is closed to new replies.