Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Mojo HD front mech compatibility
  • Scapegoat

My Mojo HD came with a SRAM X0 front direct mount double mech. It works well with my m785 XT 38/26. It worked OK with 38/24, but there wasn’t much clearance on little little, not that I’d use that very often.

Purely for aesthetic reasons I’d like to add a 786 direct mount double front, but the blurb from IBIS tells me the mech isn’t compatible with that chainring size. Shimano say the chainstay/seatpost angle should be 66-68 * but the MOJO is 71*.
    The compatibility chart tells me it’ll fit a 40/28 Chainset, so is the reach of the front mech not long enough for a 26 t granny?

julians
    Free Member

I cant answer your query, but just send an email direct to ibis in the us and theyll get back to you (probably scott or hans) with the definitive answer pretty quickly.

Theyve been really fast with any queries ive fired at them.

jim79
    Free Member

Ran a SLX chainset 38/24 with an SLX front mech on my HD with no probs.

stoney
    Free Member

Theres a few Mojos where i live and most of them run a regular front mech set up ( i can`t give exact make/model of mech) but they all seem to work ok.

Scapegoat

Were those direct mount though?

Scapegoat

Got a reply from Scot at Ibis. Apparently there isn’t enough clearance between the mech and the lower link. Sme people can run it, but need to file the mech to make it fit. Sounds like I’m going to stick with the XO for the time being.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Mojo HD front mech compatibility’ is closed to new replies.