Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Modern Spesh Eskar equivalent
  • renton
    Free Member

I used to love these tyres, fast rolling and lots of grip suited my riding style.

Is there a modern equivalent I could look at?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Waaaaaaatttttttttt! When did this happen? I’ve some Eskar2 and they’re great!

WTB’s Bronson on my other bike is really good though, especialy if it’s a dry (but not out and out small block 8 /captain / semi slick dry.

13thfloormonk

Think I remember the Maxxis ADvantage being quite a similar pattern. I certainly loved the 2.35″ ADvantage for most XC stuff.

godzilla
    Free Member

Spesh Pugatyory, I bit better all round tyre IMHO, chuck a Butcher up front.

Northwind

Purg seemed slower rolling though. Advantage is probably a good call.

Tracey

We are still running a nearly new set on the Chameleon. Don’t really rate them. They are fast rolling but don’t think they grip any where as good as the other Specialized tyres and don’t measure up like the other 2.3s. We were out in the Peak on Saturday when the snow blew in. I had Enduros front and rear, Abigale was on Butcher front and Purgatory rear and Kevin was on Eskars front and rear. We had a good laugh as he was all over the place downhill and spinning out up hill. The other tyres performed a lot better.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Purgatory is pretty similar, but it’s definately more a wet weather tyre, it’s what I use as soon as the ground get’s muddy as I can’t stand the drag of propper mud tyres which then don’t grip at all on the harder bits.

Eskar’s were always the opposite of purgatorys, loads of grip in the dry, just enough grip on the odd damp patch and acceptable rolling resistance.

High rollers/minions ware probably the closest to eskars, the eskar even looks like a HR2.

renton
    Free Member

I’m finding the Hans dampf and nobby nic far to draggy at moment.

alcolepone
    Free Member

on one smorgasbord and chunky monkey

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Modern Spesh Eskar equivalent’ is closed to new replies.