Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Modding a Dura ace mech to accept 32 tooth
  • turneround

Is it possible to mod a Dura ace 10 SPD rear mech to accept a 32 tooth cassette?. If anyone has done this can you let me know how.
    Cheers

joshvegas
    Free Member

You juat buy a roadlink and bash on i think no?

RoterStern
    Free Member

Wolftooth adapter

Edit- Though I think you can use a 32 tooth cassette without it. At least my 105 rear mech does on my CX race bike.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Yeah that thing.

turneround

That’s great. So just to confirm, with a normal short cage rear D.A mech, I can add the wolf tooth and it will the accept a 11-32 cassette, even though the short cage has a 28 tooth limit?

NZCol

Thatvadaptirndiesnt always work with 2x setups so beware. Sometimes DA will work on 32 despite being outside range, depends on frame and mech hanger. My Boardman wouldn’t so I ended up going med cage ultegra to be safe. Didn’t fancy chewing a di2 DA mech ! Tried the adaptive but wouldn’t behave with 2x

turneround

ahh drat, wanted it to work with a 2x setup…. ultegra GS it is then

ianfitz
    Free Member

I’m running an ultegra 10 speed short mech with an 11-32 cassette. I would guess that has the same recommended limits as the DA?

Shifting is ok. Not perfect but would improve with a goat link (have used one on other bikes before)

thomthumb
    Free Member

have you checked it doesn;t work already. as above i’ve got SS mechs working on 32T in the past. the last time needed a longer B screw.

swanny853

I had a 10 speed 105 running with an 11-36 cassette. Rated was 11-28. I can’t say for certain if it’s the same for DA but the limit seems to be chain capacity rather than sprocket size. If your has the same offset top jockey wheel as mine it would probably clear a 36, however, as you want to run a double, only in the big ring. Drop it to the little ring, cage moves back, top jockey wheel moves up, bad things happen.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Modding a Dura ace mech to accept 32 tooth’ is closed to new replies.