Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Moblie Phone Advice…
  • PrinceJohn

Bit of a long one, so please bear with, the story goes, my almost 2yr old Sony Z1 compact has developed shocking battery life, if I use it it’ll last about 15mins before shutting down.
    I’ve spoken to EE who said yup it’s a warranty problem, please send it back. So I’ve done that & it’s now back in the shop awaiting my collection, unfortunately they’ve not repaired it as there’s something internally which shows it’s had the screen replaced (which I did after cracking it)

What’s annoyed me is the fact they’ve sent it back without even offering me a repair for x amount.

So just wondering where I might stand, had I known the screen repair would’ve voided the warranty I would’ve got it done officially.
    Now I’m wondering if the battery issue has been caused by the people who carried out the screen repair?

If there’s nothing I can do then fair enough, I just don’t want to kick up a fuss if I haven’t got a leg to stand on!!

Drac

Yup any unauthorised repairs will invalidate your warranty. It’s in your T&C’s

CountZero

If it’s almost two years old, then it’s more than likely you’re due an upgrade, and some networks will allow it about a month before the due date; worth checking to see if you qualify, in which case get the Sony fixed by a high street shop ‘cos the warranty issue is irrelevant.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Moblie Phone Advice…’ is closed to new replies.