Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • mobile phone jammers – anyone got any experience of them?
  • B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I'm thinking I'd like to buy one to use at work, but I think they might be illegal to use?, are they also illegal to import and sell?

Has anyone got any experience of using them?

NZCol

yes I have contact me off forum if you want.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Ok Col, you'll get email shortly.

Jimbo
    Free Member

…but I think they might be illegal to use?

Ever so slightly. In breach of the Wireless and Telegraphy Act, IIRC, with somewhat stern penalties for anyone caught.

timwillows
    Free Member

Pretty sure illegal – Wireless telephony act?

z1ppy

yes they are illegal but who is 'actully' persue you about it?

caller: "Hi I'd like to reports a crime?"
    police: "Yes how can we help?"
    caller: "My phone doesn't work…"

seriously?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I seem to recall years ago people having radar detectors in their cars to warn of police speed traps etc. They were apparently legal to buy and sell, but illegal to use them. Does anyone know if it's the same case with these jammers? I'm just interested, I think they would be a good idea in libraries, art galleries, theatres etc, but if it's at all illegal then I guess they can't be used.

coffeeking
    Free Member

z1ppy – ofcom/radio communications agency and the police.

I think some hospitals use them, Wigan hospital seems to as literally the second you walk in the door your signal goes fronm full to zero.

Not smart though is it, in the event of an emergency it could be considered that youve contributed to a problem.

Just discipline your staff correctly?

samuri
    Free Member

you can make your own, I've posted a circuit diagram on here before. Very simple.

chopperT
    Free Member

IIRC, radar detectors are not illegal to operate, but it is illegal to act upon the information they provide, as the signal is not intended for you, same deal with scanner type radios. I used to work at the local newspaper, and the reporters had a scanner to listen to emergency services, BUT, if something went down, they didn't just trundle off to have a look, but would ring up the cops and ask, who would then say "Why yes, how did you know?"

MidLifeCyclist
    Free Member

There's an awful lot that is illegal – going more than 70 on a motorway for example – that most people ignore because in the instance of speeding the likelihood of being caught is very low and the fine (£60 – for going upto 90mph on a Mway) is no deterent.

So it may well be illegal to own/use one of these things but what are the penalties?

I'd be interested to see if there are any cases that have gone to court and what the judgment was.

Cheers

MidLifeCyclist
    Free Member

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/gadgets_and_gaming/article2889295.ece

Amusing article – bit out of date – so don't know whether the prosecution figures are still accurate.

Cheers

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Samuri, you will have email tonight or tomorow 😉

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Just discipline your staff correctly?

I have no issues with my staff, it's customers that I want to 'discipline' 😉 .

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

You can operate them with a license. I'm sure that wouldn't cost that much! 😉

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

deal extreme sell them. Along with GPS blockers too

Drac

Interesting, worth baring in mind though is that all emergency services are switching to airwaves technology which uses mobile phone signals so blocking them would cause you some serious problems if you were found out.

jon1973
    Free Member

I have no issues with my staff, it's customers that I want to 'discipline'

Who are your customers then? what's the deal with them using phones? an annoyance or does it really cause a problem for you?

z1ppy

coffeeking – Member
    z1ppy – ofcom/radio communications agency and the police.

..do they actually wander round with detector vans look for these types of devices? I'm not trying to be awkward about it, just wondering, as per MLC though it might actually be illegal, who really gets caught?

Great article MLC.

uplink
    Free Member

They'll only look into it [maybe] if someone complains

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘mobile phone jammers – anyone got any experience of them?’ is closed to new replies.