Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Mmmmm… extravagant titanium blingy goodness :-)
  • psychle
    Free Member

Received this in the post today, and with no customs or duty, hurrah! 8)

[img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4044/4381343771_c40f433f37_b.jpg[/img]

sputnik
    Free Member

Very interesting looking seatpost that. ( Took me a while to figure out what it was!)

njee20
    Free Member

Don't like those at all.

Dunno why, but a weld in a seatpost concerns me slightly too.

psychle
    Free Member

bugger… missed the edit window, so can't pop the picture round the right way 🙁 or change it to an in-focus one! 😆

chunkypaul
    Free Member

edd

njee20 – it worries me that my frame's welded… 😉

njee20
    Free Member

I did say I don't know why, seatposts with welds just seem a bit wrong to me!

edd

njee20 – I did put a smiley afterwards.

Seriously welding seatposts isn't the best idea in the world as you're likely to get some weld distortion – you want a perfectly cylindrical post. In frames the seat-tube is reamed after welding (and heat treatment) to make sure that the inside of the seat tube is perfectly round.

Very nice post though.

psychle
    Free Member

hmmmm, don't know what happened to the other pic… here it is again, rotated and in focus this time 🙂

Glad Whisker's approves btw 😆

adeward
    Free Member

very nice indeed,,, just needs someone to copy them in Taiwan and we can all afford one

njee20
    Free Member

Or, you could buy a cheaper and lighter alternative…

rs
    Free Member

Seriously welding seatposts isn't the best idea in the world as you're likely to get some weld distortion – you want a perfectly cylindrical post. In frames the seat-tube is reamed after welding (and heat treatment) to make sure that the inside of the seat tube is perfectly round.

What are you going on about?

sheldona
    Free Member

Thats schweeet 😉

psychle
    Free Member

just needs someone to copy them in Taiwan

shudder… you philistine 😉

Or, you could buy a cheaper and lighter alternative…

'tis not about the weight… 'tis about the shiny 8)

Loving the one bolt clamp, it's most excellent and easy to use.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Ooooh, pimpy… 8)

sslowpace
    Free Member

Excellent taste there Mr Psychle

Dirtynap
    Free Member

Like rs said, what are you on about?

the post in question is round.

ken_shields
    Free Member

I appreciate that there is always a level of distortion with welding but it won't make any difference on a seatpost coz it would only be in the area of the weld and you'd never put it that far into the frame.

Also if it's welded correctly (ie with the appropriate gaps & bevelled edges) so you get the right depth of weld penetration then the weld will be as strong as the base metal.

If you're gonna be a smart ar5e then be a correct smart ar5e 😉

Loovely seatpost by the way

njee20
    Free Member

'tis not about the weight… 'tis about the shiny

I realise that's why you buy a Kent Eriksen one, it's for the name, I meant rather than getting a dodgy Taiwanese copy you could buy something cheaper and lighter.

13thfloormonk

Ooh… dare I ask how much?

I bought a Moots when I got a new job last year and almost immediately bent it by using a cheap + nasty seatclamp. Can hardly be bothered wiping the mud off it now, its dead to me 🙁

Clink

I realise that's why you buy a Kent Eriksen one, it's for the name, I meant rather than getting a dodgy Taiwanese copy you could buy something cheaper and lighter.

What about the quality, design etc?! I can't believe you buy bikes that are cheaper so that you avoid paying for 'just the name'?

witty.name
    Free Member

Loverly.Is that pewter or black? Hard to tellin pics.I ordered a pewter one on the 15th Feb,still waiting for it to arrive.How long did yours take to come through?

On its arrival ill have a moots post for sale if anyones interested.Keep an eye out in the classifieds. 😉

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Lovely – I'm thinking of getting one with custom layback.

psychle
    Free Member

Is that pewter or black?

It's pewter, decided to keep it nuetral in case I swap between bikes.

How long did yours take to come through?

Ordered 03FEB… arrived yesterday 23FEB – not exactly quick, but worth the wait 8) Sent via USPS first class normal mail, no customs or duty incurred which was a nice bonus!

Now I just need to wait for my NOS vintage Ibis 6/4 Titanium stem to arrive and the Bow-ti will be looking very nice indeed 😀

psychle
    Free Member

Ooh… dare I ask how much?

Pricing is quite reasonable (for what it is) at US$200-US$230 plus postage (and duty/VAT if you get stung)

witty.name
    Free Member

Thanks psychie,cant wait now.That does look rather nice.

molgrips
    Free Member

😯

Clink

On its arrival ill have a moots post for sale if anyones interested.Keep an eye out in the classifieds.

Might be. Is it the version with the newer clamp?

witty.name
    Free Member

No clink its the old stylee.Layback 380mm x 27.2 and ive removed the moots stickers for a 'no fuss' look.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Mmmmm… extravagant titanium blingy goodness :-)’ is closed to new replies.