Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • mmm whats this Patriot worth?
  • Stevo210
    Free Member

Not sure if this is in the correct section or even if there is one for this.

A friend of mine has for sale a 2005 (I think) Orange Patriot 7+, Its in great condition (apart from a broken spoke) but he’s not sure whats its worth. Down-hilling isnt my strong point either and I couldn’t give him any good advise, only that it weighed a lot 🙂

Some really nice bits on it – Raceface chainset, Hope Mono Black & Gold brakes.

Thanks

nixie

Probably not that much, £500ish perhaps. Getting on a bit now. Might get more as parts.

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Tracking these on ebay over the last few months,this one looks very tidy.
    most people will tell you to split if trying to maximise the value.

The frame only seems to go from £250-400 dependent on shock and condition. The longer travel 7+ seem to be rarer so maybe a little more.
    Drivetrain £100
    Fork (Manitou?) £125
    Wheelset £140
    Brakeset £100-120.etc etc
    so c. £850-1000 broken down. Built up it will struggle to get beyond £750 I think (seem to be plenty of Patriots for sale around £550-650mark with similar spec ).

Richard

Stevo210
    Free Member

Hey thanks Nixie / Ricard for the replies. Im sure that’ll be a big help to him. I’m sure he wont be looking to strip it so I think it’ll be going as one unit.
    Thanks again.

cookeaa

Worth splitting if he’s looking to maximise revenue…

The frame could manage £3-400 on it’s own perhaps, it looks to be in good condition and having Orange on the downtube won’t hurt it’s re-sale value…

Not sure the forks will command such a huge sum though, as they are:
    A) Manitous, and
    B) 1.5″ steerer

Both of which people can be a bit averse to these days…

He might be able to bump the frames value if he flogs it as a Frame/Fork/Headset/Stem lot instead maybe?

Parts all look good, He’ll most likely make more flogging the brakes as a set and the wheels as a pair on their own, than if they’re still on a complete bike…

Most of the other kit looks reasonably good, perhaps a bit “Freeridey” – 22/32/bash ISIS double? – Flog the chainset with the BB included I reckon, but otherwise tell him to pop most of the drivetrain up as separate items ie. F/R mechs on their own, shifters as a pair, cassette (old used cassette might not sell), pedals, etc…

It will all sell to someone, tell him to have a look at the Southerndownhill classifieds as well as fleabay if he wants a reasonable guide to what people might pay for items…

More faff and postage spliting but generally more money to be made…

Edit:

It’s probably also worth making the point, if he does flog the frame on it’s own, that its 1.5 head tube can take the slackest anglesets going, that could well help its appeal to the DH kiddies… Just a thought

z1ppy

Not sure the forks will command such a huge sum though, as they are:
    A) Manitous, and
    B) 1.5″ steerer

+1, I have a set doing nothing in the garage, and have watched em on ebay. Admittedly more frame will fit 1.5 forks nowadays but these forks are getting on a bit now.

He might be able to bump the frames value if he flogs it as a Frame/Fork/Headset/Stem lot instead maybe?

There was a C’dale Gemini on ebay that did that this last week, didn’t exactly go for loads but at least it made it a more attractive proposition for the buyer

uwe-r
    Free Member

I would suggest leaving the fork / headset / stem intact and also leaving the bottom bracket / chain device and chainset intact. That way all the difficult bits to find and fit are done.

You could get good money for the wheels / brakes / shifters / mechs.
    Bars and posts will always sell.
    Chain / cassette / grips – in to the spares box.

Stevo210
    Free Member

Thanks for all the advice, I shall pass this on. Much appreciated.

nickf
    Free Member

What size is it? I might buy it as is if we can sort a price.

xiphon
    Free Member

Looks like a 16″ ?

nickf
    Free Member

Xiphon, yep, that’s what I thought. Ideal for my son in the Alps.

xiphon
    Free Member

As it has a 1.5″ headset, you can use angle changers to bring the geo ‘up to date’ (slacken it out by 1-2 degrees)

Stevo210
    Free Member

Yeah it’s a 16″ frame.

Nickf- email me your number and I’ll pass them on.
    Thanks.

nickf
    Free Member

Stevo – need an email address!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘mmm whats this Patriot worth?’ is closed to new replies.