Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • mmbop
  • dalesboyz
    Free Member

me an two other of my mates have got one and are the bb thread poorly cut? are is it just these 3 frame ?????????

firestarter
    Free Member

dunno chevin cycles chased and faced for free when i got my ragley

dalesboyz
    Free Member

how come they need that doin as shouldnt they be done in the factory ??

firestarter
    Free Member

faced for the bb and they chased as they do it to all frames they sell

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

I've just got a mmmbop too and to be honest, i'm not that impressed with the finishing touches. I'll be getting the disc tabs, BB shell, head tube faced and the BB threads chased. Why don't frame manufactures do this as standard after the frame is made? IMO it's not in an optimal state when purchased. This is not just Ragley but nearly all frames i've had.

dalesboyz
    Free Member

they are a reallt good frame just built by cave men is just the case that if you pay over 200 pound for a frame and you have to pay to get it faced etc but if you get a new on one at 150 it has it all pre done for you so next time i get a new frame it is goin to be a on one just because of this issuse and to say it has been design by the same person as the on ones so why are on one sending there bikes out ready to build because we are in the 21st centry now not the dark ages

cynic-al
    Free Member

I think they should send out punctuation free with every frame 😉

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I've run out of puff reading that….

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Stop using intellectual violence chaps. 👿

dales: Just start using some full stops please. It really helps.

dalesboyz
    Free Member

sorry buzz, i will make sure that i used them next time. :mrgreen:

lipseal
    Free Member

Had to get mine faced 😕

MS
    Free Member

Didn't get mine faced or BB chased. To be perfecrly honest its better than an on one at the finishing touches…

DOnt understand the need for facing to be perfectly honest. Never done it on any of my bikes.

dalesboyz
    Free Member

i havent had to face any of my other frames, just this one.

Jamie
    Free Member

Didn't we do this the other day?

dalesboyz
    Free Member

is brant the person who works for ragley?

hora
    Free Member

I've never had to have a frame thread chased unless its user-error (once). Never heard of it.

firestarter
    Free Member

If you buy from a decent shop they will chase and face all the bits for free. Not always required but it doesn't hurt on any frame

kelvin

Buying any frame from a proper bike shop means the build prep can be done for you. Always worth getting the shop to fit the headset and/or BB for you. Even if you need to get your frame over the internet, chose to do so from a retailer that can fit the headset and/or BB for you before they send it out. This doesn't just apply to to bargain frames like the Mmmbop, it's true of most painted frames at any price. If you choose to do all the prep yourself instead, then good on you, always nice to know you've done the whole build yourself, but don't moan about it.

RDL-82
    Free Member

well i started the thread the other day and my frame turned up fine bb went straight in, no over spray anywhere that i could see, just ran a very fine sand paper over the shells then cleaned it all up, guess its just look of the draw, but then i wouldnt buy any frame and expect it to be fine, i would always factor in a trip to the lbs, and if not needed, bonus

hora
    Free Member

Nice. The bikeshops have the mmbop at £275 and the distributor is undercutting them by a massive margin. I bet the bikeshops are wondering whether to reorder.

kelvin

It's a clearance price Hora, for a model that looks not to be carried forward to next year.
    I'm sure bike shops will be ordering the new models in. Have a look on the Shedfire site to see the new stuff.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘mmbop’ is closed to new replies.