Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mk5 golf audio upgrade
  • goldfish24

Having recently driven some new golfs with all the mod cons I was tempted with a complete car upgrade. Realised the main thing I liked was smoothly integrated Bluetooth audio – Spotify on my phone just resumes when I got back in the car.
    So to save on replacing the whole damn car, what should I stick in my mk5 golf?
    Car has little resale value – I intend to bangernomics it for long as possible – so don’t need original equipment looks. Currently have rcd310 HU and standard speakers.
    Want smooth Bluetooth integration and good sound, budget 2-300 I guess.
    Will I get DAB without too much hassle or is it a world of antenna fitting hell?

allfankledup

Have a look at the mkV owners group on Facebook

The 310 should allow an aux in, but not sure on the blue tooth

Am going to stick a non oem stereo in mine shortly – model tbd still

bear-uk
    Free Member

The VW DAB system in my Seat was rubbish it was always losing signal. IMO its not worth spending money on.

raincloud
    Free Member

Type ”rcn 210″ into eBay

I’ve just fitted one to my mk5 gti. It’s got Bluetooth , audio streaming, SD card, USB, cd, all cables and looks OEM.

It is a chinese unit but at 68 quid I don’t think it can be beat.

If you want OEM then you are looking at over 400 quid to get a Bluetooth one. Plus you may have to replace your can bus unit to a new version to stop battery drain depending on what year your car is. And thats an extra 70/80 quid on top.

raincloud
    Free Member

Oh and rather than DAB I use Tunein radio app on my phone streamed straight to unit.

goldfish24

Thanks for the pointers. Having just read through the potential compatability issues on the Ebay specials I’m tempted to just drive up to a car audio type place and let them tell me what to do. Will i die if I go Halfords?

somafunk

Check the menu – setup- Bluetooth on/off on your head unit as you may have a Bluetooth head unit already. I have the same rcd 310 in my VW caddy and it has Bluetooth, it was a doddle to go through the connection set up with my iPhone and now connects automatically as soon I get in the vehicle and contacts/calling can be controlled from my right hand stalk whilst showing all details in the dashclockMFA display.

goldfish24

You lucky swine. Tried that. Thanks though.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mk5 golf audio upgrade’ is closed to new replies.