Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Mk 2 Scandal headset help
  • bentudder

Reading some rather negative reviews of the Smoothie Mixer around and about, I’m thinking of bashing a different headset onto the Scandal frame I’m building up. Looking at the Mixer, and at Hope’s guide, I’m guessing the SHIS code for a headset is 2f. Has anyone got any experience of this? I’m putting a tapered 1 1/8th to 1.5 steerer in there.
    Ta,
    Udder

bentudder

2F it is, for anyone interested. Came to £70 installed by my local shop – about £10 more than a Smoothie Mixer + 1.5″ crown race (the crown race is an extra £20 on top of the £39.99 for the headset).

FieldMarshall

I was just about to post up the same question having read mixed reviews about the smoothie.

Seems a minefield. Thought I was going to be stuck with either smoothie or superstar.

Can you just confirm what headset you have had fitted? Is it a hope?

Thanks

FieldMarshall

Sorry just found this;

http://www.hopetech.com/webtop/modules/_repository/documents/HOPEHEADSETS2011Web.pdf

So yes now I can see it’s a Hope 2F.

ZS 44/28.6 | EC 49/40

Thanks for your timely thread.

bentudder

Yep, that’s the beastie! 🙂

I’ve no personal experience of the Smoothie, to be clear – but I have used Hope head sets for a while on 1 1/8th steerers and they’ve been perfectly reliable. I also know how good Hope’s customer service is, so for another £10, it seemed like an excellent bet.

Installed just before Chrimbo, but only ridden once so far. I can confirm it made the fork turn left and right, but did not allow it to wiggle backwards and forwards, from side to side or, indeed, up and down except as designed.

Don’t bother with the Head Doctor, mind.

FieldMarshall

Thanks for the update.

Yes was going to go down the SFN route. So assume I’ll need to purchase the top cap too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Mk 2 Scandal headset help’ is closed to new replies.