Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • MJ872 + battery problem
  • Janesy
    Free Member

Sorry for another light thread*

Yesterday night went for a 2 hour ride in Bristol Ashton Court. I use the MJ872 on the helmet with the Magicshine Battery – MJ-828.

First question, as it was on full power – it only lasted for 1.5 hours and was down to red. Is this normal?

I changed to the Standard Pack – MJ-6002 which I got with my MJ808 last year. I thought i’d put this on full burn for the last 30 or so minutes.

However after 25minutes it cut out. No power at all. Is this Normal for the standard battery?

I had to put the MJ828 back on and hope it lasted the 10minutes back to the car.

Im impressed with the amount of light but not the run times. Any thing worth saying about this or do I have a duff battery?

big_n_daft
    Free Member

First question, as it was on full power – it only lasted for 1.5 hours and was down to red. Is this normal?

they only quote a 2 hour run time on full, “red” is <25% so arguably still correct

the switch is simple enought to use to run it up and down to get longer life

Janesy
    Free Member

Oh I know that, but the main issue was the standard battery cutting out in 25minutes.

I used it on the MJ808 and seemed fine a week ago.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Oh I know that

why the question?

😉

I would recharge and run the 6002 again, they should be doing the same times

Janesy
    Free Member

Ok purhaps I didnt ‘Know that’ 🙂
    Ive recharged it up again and lasted 27 minutes. umm think the Battery must be dead then 🙁 OH BUM!

Northwind

Aye, sounds like there’s something up with that second battery. First one is performing much as you’d expect- 75% setting still gives a lot of light and lasts a good bit longer though (tbh even 25% setting is still a good kick of light)

dantsw13

The batteries are definately the biggest issue with the MS lights. I own 2, and upgraded to the German OpenLight battery, and it is sooo much better. Our regular Tuesday night Roll-up ride is normally about 1:30, and my new batt is still showing green at the end!!!!

Top tip for mounting MS lights – use that non-slip tape you get for putting on steps( looks like sticky backed sandpaper) and stick a small patch on your bars. Much less wobble/slippage ?

vancoughcough
    Free Member

I have an original magicshine battery (2s2p and 4.4ah) that is still going strong 2 years and over a hundred charges later. I get 3 hours on high with the P7 C Bin (original magicshine). However, if I put my Gemini (Bikeray) or Sub66 P7 D bin lighthead on this battery I get significantly shorter run times. For the D bins I use the (2s3p) 6.6Ah battery packs I got with my Sub66. Perhaps irrelevent. Sorry.

So, er, yes. Your battery sounds bad.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘MJ872 + battery problem’ is closed to new replies.