Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Mix tape on a CD.
  • zippykona

If I make a CD compilation from iTunes the levels are all over the place even though I’ve ticked the levels box.Then the songs end up in alphabetical order, I don’t like it.
    I used to love doing mix tapes, making sure the levels were spot on and if need be, having no gap between the songs for that perfect transition.
    So having just bought a Mac book I’m sure there must be some sort of programme where I can replicate doing tapes.
    It will have a pause button so I can chop a song, faders to get rid of that 3 minute outro or intro (Teenage Riot I’m looking at you) and something to sort my levels.
    Ta.

Cougar

I think the last time I did it I used the inbuilt Windows sofware, dragged and dropped tracks onto the disc, hit “normalise” and stood back. I may be misremembering though, it’s probably ten years since I last did one.

On a Mac I’ve no idea, but I’d have thought there’d be something similar. Unless you’re expected to use iTunes for that sort of thing I guess.

DezB
    Free Member

I use something called Mixmeister to do it (although I don’t burn em to CD, but put em on Mixcloud

Not sure if there’s a Mac version – I’ll ask my mate..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Mix tape on a CD.’ is closed to new replies.