Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mitsubishi Outlander owners
  • mtbmatt
    Free Member

Simple question, are they any good/big enough to stick bikes in the back?
    Looking at hiring a car for an upcoming trip and this is poping up. Seems reasonable compared to other similar sized cars.

Ideally need to be able to get 3 bike bags and 3 people in.

theteaboy
    Free Member

My dad had one.

It was pretty big but a bit disappointing inside – the floor of the boot was high. Sure you’ll get 3 bikes in it though.

He only kept it for a year as he couldn’t afford the fuel bills!

konabunny
    Free Member

don’t know about your hire co, but most places only promise “classes” of cars. it might not be an outlander you get after all.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

I realise that, but that is what they are showing “or similar”.
    If I book that for the reason that I need space for bikes, I can make sure that any different car will also be suitable.

d45yth
    Free Member

Which country are you off too? I hired a Fiat Doblo when I was in Spain…it was great for getting bikes in.
    The company I hired it from had Citroen Berlingo’s and the Peugeot equivalent too.
    I had to hire one of those to make sure my bike bag would fit, rather than just the bike itself.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Australia. Options seem to be small cars, 4 door sedans where I presume the seats won’t fold flat or bigger cars.

sweaman2
    Free Member

I would say maybe 3 bags down one side and the 3rd passenger on the other side. It would be cosy though. Our Outlander takes 2 bikes comfortably with only front wheels off in the whole of the back (rear seats down etc).

I’m a bad packer though as I like everything to be ordered and not risking damage so other people seem to be able to fit much more in than me.

I always find people carriers offer the most space for size. I can do some measurements this evening but it’s only 9:30 Canada time so you wouldn’t know until tomorrow UK time.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

No worries about measuring, it sounds like it will work and the next step up is 3 times the price.
    Thanks for all the help!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mitsubishi Outlander owners’ is closed to new replies.