Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Mitsubishi Outlander
  • Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Dad is looking for a new motor and has been recommended one of these. I’m not sure which as I know nothing of them.

Anyone run one and have good or bad comments on it?

uphillcursing
    Free Member

SWMBO has one. She likes it. I think the interior is a bit cheap and nasty but it does have dogs, kids and other various monkey and parrot detritus strewn all over it. Scrubs up fine.

Two years old and nothing but a lost key to add to running costs.
    Drives fine.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

A friend has a PHEV one as a business car. His current mpg is high teens. He is not appreciative of the electronics inside

angeldust
    Free Member

A friend has a PHEV one as a business car. His current mpg is high teens. He is not appreciative of the electronics inside

High teens? Have you suggested taking the hand break off?

kilo

We had one at work, seems fine. Reliable and comfortable a bit wallowy at very high speed. I liked it, if ever I was going to get a decent car I’d look at them.

Tallpaul
    Free Member

Was chatting to a colleague about his Outlander PHEV. He returns up to 70 mpg on a 50 minute commute. He uses a specific strategy of alternating between ICE and electric to achieve this.

He freely admits that on a very long journey the electric motor contributes very little and the MPG drops to low 30’s.

Around town it can get up to 170 mpg as it is almost exclusively running electric. Not sure what duration it maintains that for.

Having read much about the owner experience of PHEV’s, I have concluded that they can loosely be categorised in two ways; Those who just get in them and drive, without any thought and those who actively seek to exploit the economy on offer. The former are those reporting awful mpg figures. However, I appreciate there are different motivations for buying one. Some buy them because of the low BIK and some buy because they genuinely want to return high MPG.

jonnyboi

paint is thin and chips easily. Not nearly as robust as other Mitsubishi 4x4s. interior can wear prematurely, especially the seat bases.

Real world battery capacity for the phev is around 20-25 miles. that said if it’s your only car and you do short trips it can be very economical and also practical

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I think he’s changed his mind on them already having now seen one. too big for him I think.

chestrockwell

From what I can gather they are pretty bang average in most ways with much better out there but they were clever enough to get their PHEV version out early so that model has done really well due to lack of real alternatives.

Everyone will soon be bringing out equivalent vehicles, at which point the Outlander will become bang average again. If he wants PHEV (Only reason to get a Outlander IMO) he’d be better off holding on a few months.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Friend has his for BIK. Gives not two hoots about the rest and just drives it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Mitsubishi Outlander’ is closed to new replies.