Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • mitsubishi l 200, are they any good?
  • samcamsdad

Going to look at an 09 l 200 this week, wanting peoples opinions on what there like to own. I’m a builder so a pick up is the right vehicle for me, but are these any good?

chewkw
    Free Member

You would be better off with Toyota Hilux old version.

wwaswas

they’re light trucks rather than beefed up vans/cars.

freind had one and service intervals were very short and they said it was very agricultural to drive.

deviant
    Free Member

Other half has one and loves it, actually I do too…very practical, just chuck dirty stuff in the back. The cab by contrast is full leather, air con and has a great stereo….very pleasant considering its a pickup. No problems in 3 years so far.

Kuco

I had an older 2004 model from new and it was the biggest piece of crap i’ve ever driven. It was always in and out of the garage, the cam shaft went at 84000 miles and took the engine with it scrapping it.

Then I had a newer more rounded shape one I think it was an 09 and that was totally different to drive loads of umpf slightly better turning circle. And now i’ve got a brand new 2012 model, had it for about four months done 6000 miles get about 350 miles from a tank.

Took them around 4×4 courses and they will go anywhere a landrover will except the real tight sections as the turning circle is even worse than a landy.

My only real gripe is i’ve never been able to find a real comfortable driving position.

If it was my money would I buy one, probably not as mentioned above I would rather have a Toyota.

fatalbert
    Free Member

Owned my warrior since 2006, only had to replace the rear leaf springs in all that time, Ive done all the servicing my self, apart from the next one 54,000 miles is when all belts need replacing and from advice from the L200 owners club the bottom pulley needs replacing at this service as well.

samcamsdad

thanks for the reply’s. the one im looking at has 48,000 on the clock, so the belts will need sorting soon, something to consider when hagling the price.
    Chewkw, why is the hylux a better option?

Personally, I’d have a Hilux, Ranger, or Navara over an L200

chewkw
    Free Member

Chewkw, why is the hylux a better option?

Mate has one older version (2.4 litre) that has been running for 272,000km (approx: 169 miles) on the clock without dropping a beat. But then he used to be a boy racer so he services all his cars himself. His is a workhorse as he has to drive into the jungle almost everyday and in his part of the world only Toyota Hilux survives …

I think he suggested using larger diesel filter for more fuel standby, add a bit of motorbike 2T oil into the diesel fuel and I think there is another thing he mentioned which I have forgotten.

samcamsdad

hmmm, my drive to work is 3.5 miles, down a south lakes a road.
    Not many good deals about on the hylux, but i’ll keep a look out.

geoffj

ASSTR – can you pm me re ranger remap, stw.geoffj@me.com
    Ta

geoffj – not sure where you are coming from mate.

Stuck a DTE box on mine which does it all for you – they are the best out there. Join a forum ford-ranger-forum-uk.co.uk or nissan-navara.net for decent discounts.

Just saving up for one for my Navara to up it to 220bhp 😈

chewkw
    Free Member

samcamsdad – Member

hmmm, my drive to work is 3.5 miles, down a south lakes a road.
    Not many good deals about on the hylux, but i’ll keep a look out.

His looks like this …

Piston head sales

I think you can get something rather nice for £15K.

Oh ya … mates got plenty of computers to help chip 4×4. Apparently very common there. Told me it was very easy to use. About £700 for the unit and the computer learn the way you drive whatever that means … I will see him in August so will learn a bit from him.

geoffj

ASSTR – cheers, that’s the info I needed. Couldn’t remember if it was remap or box. Any issues with insurance?

chewkw
    Free Member

geoffj – Member

ASSTR – cheers, that’s the info I needed. Couldn’t remember if it was remap or box. Any issues with insurance?

My mate did not even have to do anything and simply piggy back on your existing system. Plug and play really. Nothing to do with remapping complication.

Well, it’s plug and play and you can always take it out if the insurance company hates it …

If I have the cash I would go for this one …

3 litre hilux with auto gear – yes auto.

donsimon
    Free Member

Pah!

Hilux TRD.

PePPeR

The other vehicle to look at which most of my colleagues prefer to the Navaras and L200’s they have now is the Isuzu Rodeo. Our company ran these previously and most of my work mates rate them over the other two vehicles.

PePPeR – the Isuzu’s are horrible and the only one I’d have after the L200

geoffj

Yeah, ok geoffj – forgot about the GreatWall, or whatever it’s called 😉

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘mitsubishi l 200, are they any good?’ is closed to new replies.