Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Mitre Joints
  • Xylene
    Free Member

How much would it cost for two miter joints to be made and have worktops fitted? Includes sink and hob hole.

So far I’ve been quoted 250 for this job, which is a bit much.

wwaswas

seems about the going rate, tbh.

One of those jobs it’s easy to bugger up with expensive results.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

£50 for the time, £50 for the tools, £150 for the expertise?

It will take a day or so I bet. Walls at right angles? Everything level?

Sounds a bit expensive but not ridiculous to me

midlifecrashes

Into standard type laminate worktops? It’s a hefty job to do right with everything clamped up properly using router and jigs. I’d say even someone who does this stuff all day long will be taking most of a day on it. You haven’t said what the wall is like at the back of the worktop, and whether your angles are at 90,that can make quite a difference too. I don’t think your quote is that bad, since you’re effectively handing the level and finish responsibility for the whole kitchen over.

cynic-al
    Free Member

That’s a long day’s labour yes? Seems a bit long to me.

toys19
    Free Member

Sounds like the going rate. I think tradesmen’s skills are underrated, see how long it takes you to do it, how much you spend on jigs and tools and how many new worktops you go through before you get it right. Try and use someone recommended or see examples of their work.

the-muffin-man

That’s a long day’s labour yes? Seems a bit long to me.

+1

A local kitchen fitter did ours in a couple of hours, and that was for exactly what the OP is looking at. I think we paid him £50 cash!

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I charge £50 per joint, £20 per cut out and £10 per end for edging + materials, that’s worktops cut , bolted and screwed down. Around £175 for your job without seeing it.

Xylene
    Free Member

Blazin – that is about what I was expecting to pay. One guy on the phone said no more than 150, but he hasn’t got back.

I was expecting around 150-170 or so. I have everything that is needed, just need somebody that is skilled to to do the work.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

I’d probably charge about 150 all in, but people keep telling me i’m too cheap.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Assuming is a standardish u shape It’d take a good half day if they went at it flat out without buggering about too much dependent on the worktop lengths and state of the walls.

This is the busiest time of year for most trades people so not suprised if they can’t get to you straight away. I always tell people a date and stick to it as much as poss, even if it’s 6-8 weeks time (common for me) can’t stand people who say they’ll be able to do it next week even if they know they don’t stand a chance in hell just to get the job.

Xylene
    Free Member

Assuming is a standardish u shape It’d take a good half day if they went at it flat out without buggering about too much dependent on the worktop lengths and state of the walls.

Walls aren’t great, but I was planning on putting up a 6″ splash guard to take away some of the difference in the wall and lessen it;s effect.
    Worst bit is the back kitchen wall, but that can be smoothed over with polyfilla

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Mitre Joints’ is closed to new replies.