Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Missy Giove's '93 Yeti bike + which brand do you think she should make comeback
  • hopeychondriact
    Free Member

on…?
    Getting angsty here waiting to see her video of qualifying on redbull’s site.
    Therefore a discussion is to be had.

Personally would think she would rock on an Evil Undead.

Anyway what brand and model do you reckon she would make a good comeback on, for me I’m sure she’d rock the socks on any DH bike.

Here’s a little pro closet action detailing her ’93 Yeti Arc.

scotroutes

Scott Addict?

Northwind

Her quali run is up lready, no need to wait!

http://www.redbull.com/en/bike/stories/1331740040296/missy-giove-windham-world-cup-dh-run-video

Transition Smuggler

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction on page Northwind, I didn’t notice the underneath video. d’oh!

acehtn
    Free Member

YT have done a deal for this race so that should put them in good standing if she has a future.

I guess at the moment the american companys are a bit wary of having an ex-con represent there products.

From watching the quali video (which was slow and jerky on my PC) she only had to make 20th to race, so hitting 17th is a bonus. Would have to compare against other riders but she appeared to be coasting a lot. Could be playing safe for the race run then go nuts.
    If she tops 15th then good go, if she makes topten or gets a close time just outside topten then i expect a post race flurry of offers.
    If she makes 5th, then possibly open chequebooks before she gets off the podium.
    YT gain a load of media PR either way so kinda win-win.

Rad girl gone bad girl now reformed good girl, the americans love an underdog and if she breaks top ten then a right feeding frenzy to come.

Just need ACC to have another go for old timesake 🙂

moneytrain81
    Free Member

She really does seem to be coasting for at least 3/4 of the run. Interesting. Just a bit of meaningful pedalling thrown in and she could have been a fair bit higher surely.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

have Mullaly/Gwin not taught you anything?

moneytrain81
    Free Member

Yes, that you need a mechanical before you are super-fast!

iolo
    Free Member

Isn’t it strange how one ex pro druggie cyclist is treated worse than a child raping cannibal and another as a kind of legend and its ok because she did the time?

moneytrain81
    Free Member

Who the hell has been treated ‘worse than a child raping cannibal’ . . . . ?

banks
    Free Member

Pretty sure bryceland didn’t pedal at all after the start at msa

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

A certain TdF CRC…

… Who hasn’t done any time (yet).

moneytrain81
    Free Member

Because cheating and bullying your way to 7 tours is exactly the same as being a drug mule.

Maybe when Missy cheats her way to 7 world championships their respective sins can be compared.

Coyote
    Free Member

Isn’t it strange how one ex pro druggie cyclist is treated worse than a child raping cannibal and another as a kind of legend and its ok because she did the time?

One used drugs to deny others a chance of winning and destroyed the careers of those who dared to stand up against him. He cheated to achieve everything he has. The other made some bad life choices and is trying to get her life back on track.

scotroutes

One’s a roadie and one a DHer. No comparison…

walleater

Considering in some states in the USA, buying and selling weed is now legal, that shows the severity of Gioves ‘crime’. I’m not aware that taking performance enhancing drugs on a huge scale, wrecking other people careers and being a Class A c*ntbubble is legal in road racing (might as well be though….).

aP
    Free Member

I don’t remember hearing that Missy lied under oath, or lied for nearly 15 years about cheating, or lied in order to take people who were telling the truth to court for slander and libel, or lied to take others careers away, or set up a “charity” in order to deflect people’s legitimate question (answered with lies obviously), or defrauded a U.S. Government Agency, or asked her girlfriend to lie about a traffic accident? I know she was caught carrying weed and money from selling such weed. Which one do you think has suffered most? It’s really not LALA Armstrong is it?

chiefgrooveguru

Missy wasn’t a drug mule – she was caught in possession of over $1M of cannabis and $1M in cash, a counting machine and related items. She was clearly being a fairly successful mid-level drug dealer. She pled guilty after being caught in 2009. Does anyone honestly think she was undertaking those same criminal activities from the early ’90s to 2003 whilst she was a successful pro MTBer, during the most financially lucrative period of MTBing ever?

Seems to me like a sad case of a pro sportsperson losing their way after retirement and making some (inexcusable) poor life decisions.

Watching her run she looks good on the jumps/drops, not yet comfortable with modern DH bike geometry (she’s way back in the corners – I’ll be amazed if she gets a clean race run without losing her front wheel) and either very short of fitness or saving herself for the race itself. Makes you wonder how quick she could be given some focused training!

kerley
    Free Member

Selling a drug that should be legal anyway is hardly a big deal is it, people have to work in the supply chain.
    Which is maybe why some people can forgive her.

Can’t comment on the child raping cannibals and their treatment as not aware of any.

cookeaa

Lazy trolling aioli, comparing two quite different situations that happen to involve cyclists and some type of drugs…

Anyway I know I wouldn’t qualify top twenty for a WC DH round today, nevermind after a decade long break from the sport and various incidents in between, maybe we can just admire that achievement for what it is rather than snipe…

piemonster

Would someone care to illuminate my knowledge as to the middle part of this claim?

Northwind

dirtyrider – Member

have Mullaly/Gwin not taught you anything?

Yep but they’re adding and holding speed in other ways, pumping and working the trail like that is also very physical not to mention bloody hard to do well. And to be blunt they carry a ton of speed everywhere, she won’t be able to do that so not being able to recover speed, pedal out of slower sections etc is going to cut her worse.

bearnecessities

PM, didn’t you know? Child raping cannibals are everywhere; many are shape shifting lizards.

Scary times.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Another +1 for can’t we accept that a rider who has been away for whatever reason(s) that has returned and making a go at something in life.

Come’on people, less negativity and complete nonsensical bs.

Good on ya Missy G! 8)

bikeneil
    Free Member

which brand do you think she should make comeback

Claud Butler?

Gary_C

Selling a drug that should be legal anyway is hardly a big deal is it

But it’s not legal is it, and it won’t be ‘hardly a big deal’ to those who become addicted will it.

You **** prick.

piemonster

Scary times.

Make you think, doesn’t it!

acehtn
    Free Member

Seen some times, seen some post quali chat vids.
    If she stays upright, and can trim 20 seconds off the time (or more) then she will be in the top 15 and worrying the top 10 bracket 🙂

I expect they will air her race run, failing that i expect it to crop up soon afterwards.

Seems to be enjoying the new bike geo and 650b was a culture shock but the Missle reckons she was holding back and the race run will be “exciting”

Not a fan, but enjoying the PR circus and hope she can worry the top ten. Appears to be legally tied to New York state until 2016, a good result tomorrow and i could see a big brand signing her up for a season.

jmatlock
    Free Member

Gary_C

You embarrass yourself with that nonsense.

Read up about the medical use of it, then tell me how many deaths it’s caused.

bearnecessities

You **** prick.

A teensy weensy overreaction? You know, different strokes etc. Be nice 🙂

Anyhow, Missy is a part of our early years for many of us – an unusual icon during our teenage years. A lass that we probably didn’t fap over (a rare thing at that time) but was something of an icon in our biggest hobby (apart from fapping).

It’s a lovely piece of nostaligia to see her back on the scene and doing fairly well, and with our advanced years and experience that brings, we can forgive one of our idols for mistakes she’s made, because since we were introduced to her back then, we’ve all made plenty ourselves.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

eh?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decriminalization_of_non-medical_cannabis_in_the_United_States

she was caught in Albany, New York,

[URL=http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/dansipods2/media/Screen%20Shot%202015-08-08%20at%2018.46.32_zpshmjjusg3.png.html][/URL]

dirtyrider
    Free Member

A lass that we probably didn’t fap over

yer shes no April Lawyer

BruceWee

But it’s not legal is it, and it won’t be ‘hardly a big deal’ to those who become addicted will it.

You **** prick.

Cannabis is addictive? Well, I guess if you smoke it with tobacco…

whatnobeer
    Free Member

she was caught in Albany, New York,

And selling weed was illegal everywhere in the USA at the time. That’s missing the point a bit though.

I wonder how it feels to live in such a black and white world, with no shades of grey or nuance?

kerley
    Free Member

You **** prick.

So you don’t agree with opening up drug laws but no need to get offensive is there?

You haven’t been drinking have you….

dirtyrider
    Free Member

only took 36 posts this time

*slow hand clap*

scotroutes

You know in those “death by careless driving” cases when the motorist gets off lightly due to the jury thinking “could have been me”? That’s what we’re seeing here as regards a drug crime.

BruceWee

Do juries in New York decide the sentence?

bearnecessities

I think that’s obvious, so let’s not pick on him – shooting fish/barrel etc.

EDIT:

You know in those “death by careless driving” cases when the motorist gets off lightly due to the jury thinking “could have been me”? That’s what we’re seeing here as regards a drug crime.

I really shouldn’t do this, but please explain what your point is.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Missy Giove's '93 Yeti bike + which brand do you think she should make comeback’ is closed to new replies.