Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Mis-heard lyrics.
  • stuartie_c
    Free Member

You know the sort of thing, “Gordon Brown, texture like sun” etc.

I’ll offer:

“…Where we once watched the robots landing
    By the broad, majestic Shannon”

Pogues.

sc-xc

my 7 year old was singing along to Kings of Leon on the radio the other day…

Whoaaaa, the sunset’s on fire…

eldridge
    Free Member

From the old hymn

“Gladly, my cross-eyed bear”

thegreatape
    Free Member

…lead us not into temptation, but deliver us on eagles, for thine is the kingdom…

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

Woah, we’re going to eat pizza:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1xfllmp0Ig

🙂

Schweiz
    Free Member

“Snap my picture” instead of “smack my bitch up”. (Not me….)

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Massage in a brothel
    The Police

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Mum used to sing ‘Save the whales, save the whales, save the whales’ while Enya sang ‘Sail away, sail away, sail away’

SST
    Free Member

Yes – “Owner of a horse and cart”

Strangelove
    Free Member

Maxell Advertfrom back in the day

Onzadog
    Free Member

Sue Lawley by the Police.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member
    buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Tori Amos – Professional Window – I could not understand her singing at all. So “Honey bring it close to my… lips yes” sound to me like “Are you bringing your toaster Mike… yeah”

Weird

My ex Brother-in-law would sing “What’s a dove got to do with it..” to the famous Tina Turner tune.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Old hymn sung at school…

“I am the lord of the dance settee”

or…

“Oh cinnamon, where will you run to”

You can tell I took a lot from the religious background of my primary school 🙂

ScoobysM8
    Free Member

My sister-in-law went to a record store and asked for “My name is Drew” by Elvis Costello.

MikeT-23
    Free Member

If you know the song ‘Old King’, from Neil Young’s Harvest Moon album, you’ll be aware that the dog being sung about, King, was not afraid of jumping off the ‘Trockenheim Pier’.
    Well. I thought he wasn’t.
    The truth is though, he was even less afraid of jumping off the ‘truck in high gear’!

psychle
    Free Member

Ah mondegreen’s… high hilarity they are 😀

‘cheap wine and three legged goat’ (it’s a Jimmy Barnes song yeah? 😀 )

‘Dirty deeds and the Dunder Chief’ (ACDC)

‘Theres a bathroom on the right’ (Creedance)

ebygomm
    Free Member

REM Sidewinder Sleeps Tonight

Calling Jamaica instead of Calling To Wake Her

grahamh
    Free Member

The Jam
    Eat your rifle.

AndyP
    Free Member

‘Theres a bathroom on the right’ (Creedance)

Best EVER 🙂

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I am convinced that Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam) keeps shouting ‘Soap thieves!’ in Rear View Mirror.

Its claimed he’s actually singing ‘Saw things…(so much clearer)’, but I’m not so sure.
    😐

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Reverend Bluejeans…Neil Diamond.

I’ve just listened it to on youtube and I’m still not convinced! 😉

BillMC

My kids used to sing along with Fatboy Slim ‘Carol Smiley is naughty, naughty, naughty’

At school we used to sing hymns in praise of the ‘Prince of Piss’ and in fact I think I’ve met him a few times since then.

waihiboy
    Free Member

Depeche mode – Policy of truth

for years i thought it was “The Coliseum Roof”

twang
    Free Member

Pappa dont preach – Madonna
    Mate thought she was singing about a “puppet on a bridge”

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Was always convinced Elvis Costello was singing “I was always here to stay” and wondered why the song was called “Oliver’s Army”. I mean mishearing lyrics is one thing but mishearing the lyric that’s also the song title…no excuse 😳

theotherjonv

I try to say goodbye and I choke,
    I try to walk away and I stumble,
    Though I try to hide it, it’s clear,
    I BLOW BUBBLES WHEN YOU’RE NOT HERE??????

Can’t for the life of me think who sang it – black girl with very frizzy hair, 4-5 years ago?

Billy Bragg also used to do a small intro to ‘Greetings to the new Brunette’ live about someone who’d misheard the lyric and had it down as
    “I’m more impressionable, when my semen is wet” And as Billy points out – who isn’t?

Trustyrusty
    Free Member

Theotherjohn, I think you’ll find it’s “I WALK WOMBLES WHEN YOU ARE NOT NEAR” and it was Macy Gray 😉

My step-daughter was convinced that Elton John was singing “are you ready for lunch?” and we didn’t have the heart to tell her she was wrong as her version was better.

johnhoo
    Free Member

“scuze me while I kiss this guy”

there used to be a website called “kissthisguy.com” which was full of these things. Don’t know if it’s still around

theflatboy
    Free Member

the one that makes me laugh every time i think of it for its surreal genius is the chorus from the U2’s classic – Mysterious Whale:

“Shamoo the mysterious whale” 😆

FB-ATB

I thought on Reward, Julian Cope was singing “Where’s my cotton socks, I’m in the nude”

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Joy Division Albumn called Still, there’s a track called ‘Living in the Ice Age’. For a while I thought the chorus was ‘Iddly Iddly Ighty’, then I worked out for a while it was ‘Living in the Eighties’, before I bothered to read the play list on the back of the Albumn and realised the correct chorus was ‘Living in the Ice Age’. This progressed over the course of about 5 years.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Mis-heard lyrics.’ is closed to new replies.