• This topic has 69 replies, 42 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • Miranda…again
  • rascal
    Free Member

I know this was done a while ago…BUT…channel hopping and stumbled across it just now.
    Jesus. It is bloody awful. Utter dogsh*t it has to be said. I am now not watching it.

tails
    Free Member

I think she’s really funny.

Bucko

I love Marmite. Thought you’d like to know

MoreCashThanDash

Just how many people bought those stupid TV sets without the “OFF” button?

Drac

He’s got one with more than one channel, posh git.

channel hopping and stumbled across it just now….. I am now not watching it.

RustySpanner

Well I think she’s funny.

What amuses you OP?

althepal

I would.
    Edit- watch her.
    Watch her programme that is.

lister

She makes me laugh. She’s half my wife, half her best pal.

Drac

It’s bloody awful in fact any humour she tries is.

What amuses me not much of recent sit-coms as their just dreadful these days. I do love my Family Guy though.

althepal

Family Guy is the shizzle. American Dad is ok but Family Guy is still top viewing..

lucien

I’m with the OP, shi*te, complete and utter

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Miranda…again

I know this was done a while ago…

I think it’s important to reaffirm your dislike for something.

Otherwise how can people be sure that you haven’t changed your mind ?

IanMunro
    Free Member

OP could get an I hate Miranda tat.

teethgrinder

Bad AIDS is funnier. Even 2.4 Children was funnier.

She is, however, funnier than James Corden.

samuri
    Free Member

Miranda is a funny lady but her stand up is poor. America dad is rubbish. Family guy is OK. It all went downhill after the two ronnies.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Like Miranda, Mrs Browns Boys is about as rubbish but some people love them both. I just don’t get them at all

nuke

From clips I saw, I wasn’t expecting to like it but then we sat down and watched an episode as my daughter insisted and ended up quite enjoying it…just fairly gentle humour. Such fun! 😉

Another we’ve also stumbled across is Vicious…amazing cast (The leads are played by Ian McKellen and Derek Jacobi) and the bitchy sniping between the couple are fantastic

wrightyson
    Free Member

Sally Phillips, I don’t know why but its part of the reason I watch…

TheFlyingOx

I wonder what the correlation is between people who like both Miranda and Little Britain. Quite high, I’ll bet.

Oh “The Fast Show”, why hast thou forsaken us?

kimbers

id say miranda is waaaay better than mrs browns boys

(thats in no way a compliment to miranda)

tazzymtb

i have used miranda to separate the world in much that same way that gear use and tattoos do.

Like miranda, use gears and dislike tattoos– you basically need to be rounded up in a shower and introduced to zyklon and I wouldn’t even get a tramp to piss on you if you were burning in the street

OR

anyone else in human race that dislikes miranda…i like you and will acknowledge your existence. (to be honest I’ll even forgive the use of gear danglers and hatred of tatts)

CountZero

I fail to see any humour in someone who repeatedly falls over, or off things, in order to get a laugh. It’s lazy, and the repetition loses the effect rapidly. Like the classic Del Boy falling through the bar in the pub; that’s brilliant, laugh-out-loud funny, but every show, or even two or three times a show? Dull, duller, dullest.
    One of the funniest stand-ups ever! Dave Allen, a man of pure comic genius, who didn’t need to keep falling on his ass to get a laugh. Miranda? Meh.

aracer
    Free Member

Sometimes she’s funny. The episode they showed tonight though was particularly awful.

ivornardon2
    Free Member

And she’s a bit of a dog.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Bring back Will Hay !

RustySpanner

ivornardon2 – Member

And she’s a bit of a dog.

Show us a picture of your partner then – let everyone comment.
    Only fair….

FeeFoo
    Free Member

I fail to see any humour in someone who repeatedly falls over, or off things, in order to get a laugh.

You might fail, but I succeed.

She’s funny. FACT!

zippykona

have used miranda to separate the world in much that same way that gear use and tattoos do

That’s exactly what happened to me when I was at school.
    There were the kids who liked Grease and my people who hated it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

lame middle of the road, unoffensive humour (attempted) mostly taking it easy on you not requiring you to participate just veg out and be amused.

I’d rather pull out my toenails. Remember you can turn the TV off

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I’d rather be trapped in a lift with Andy ‘The Personality’ Murray,™ being forced to listen to Coldplay,while I have my toenails slowly ripped out, than endure five minutes of her ‘Comedy’

Awful woman, shouldn’t be allowed the air time she gets.

wrecker
    Free Member

Awful predictable dogshit television. Poor writing, poor acting, poor production. I don’t recommend they produce too many box sets.

tuffty
    Free Member

Well I find her funny, good to see tv that the whole family can sit down and watch.

nuke

lame middle of the road, unoffensive humour (attempted) mostly taking it easy on you not requiring you to participate just veg out and be amused.

Aside the ‘lame’ bit, this sums it up well but I don’t see that as a bad thing 😕

FeeFoo
    Free Member

I’ve said it before, in my youth when more worried about appearing cool, I would have “hated” it.
    Being older and less pretentious I allow myself to be amused by many different things.

The result is that I’m generally happier for it.

* young self cringes at mainstream viewpoint*

Lifer
    Free Member

It’s an incredible programme. When I say incredible, I clearly mean earth-shatteringly dismal. The punchline to each joke is good enough to announce itself a full 9 weeks in advance and the when they finally arrive, they’re good enough to be borrowed from every shit-cake ’80s sitcom that was ever pulled from the listings after one series.

A nightmarish peer into the future of comedy

Review from 4 years ago, and they’re still ploughing the most obvious furrow.

Lifer
    Free Member

FeeFoo – Member
    I’ve said it before, in my youth when more worried about appearing cool, I would have “hated” it.
    Being older and less pretentious I allow myself to be amused by many different things.

The result is that I’m generally happier for it.

* young self cringes at mainstream viewpoint*

😆

Liking Miranda as a sign of transcendence! Now that’s comedy.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

You’ll get there 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I reckon the glitchy new page/double pos thing is actually funnier….

Lifer
    Free Member

FeeFoo – Member
    You’ll get there

I sincerely hope not!

FeeFoo
    Free Member

I believe that this quote “and Miranda is a truly ugly cow as well” from a comment below that article goes some way to why *some* people don’t like it.

Not suggesting anyone on here is like that, oh no.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Miranda…again’ is closed to new replies.