Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Miracle Acdo Washing Powder – okay on tech fabrics?
  • GrahamS

Washing instructions on the kid’s ski gear say to wash them with soap flakes.

Missus dug out a box of “Miracle Acdo Soft & Gentle”:

Is this okay to use on stuff with a DWR coating?

It doesn’t actually say “soap flakes” but it does say it is non-bio and does not contain enzymes.

(My own Gore-tex/tech stuff gets washed in Granger’s – but not using that on the kids stuff unless I need to!)

GrahamS

*bump for the evening crowd*

Cougar

Clucking bell, I’ve not seen that stuff in about 30 years. Have you had it carbon-dated?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’m not sure but I wouldn’t over tighten the mangle before passing through after you’ve rinsed them.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I had a dealer trip to Gore recently. They said non-bio was the main thing and detergents OK.

GrahamS

Have you had it carbon-dated?

Our local Spar sells it. Mind you, I’m not sure the 80s ever got as far as Northumberland.

eaststandlower
    Free Member

Saw this last night and pinged the bloke who owns ACDO a mail – I know him and he is a keen cyclist 🙂 His reply came back this morning:

Answer is yes its fine for waterproof/high tech stuff as its non-enzyme and a less aggressive detergent base.

Maybe you can reply with my comments?

As a cyclist, I have been washing all my high-tech stuff in Miracle Acdo for years!!

Hope this helps!

GrahamS

Wow! That’s a slightly more definitive answer than we usually manage in this place.

Thanks eaststandlower. 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Miracle Acdo Washing Powder – okay on tech fabrics?’ is closed to new replies.