Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • MIPS helmet sizing?
  • pinetree
    Free Member

Anyone use a helmet with MIPS? How do they size up?
    I’ve heard rumours that they come up a bit smaller than normal because of the extra stuff inside.
    Looking at a Giro Montaro. Have had a Feature before and loved the fit, but just want to make sure it’ll be the same sizing (in reality, not just what’s claimed on paper)

Before anyone asks, none of the bike shops in my area stock this helmet, so trying one on isn’t really an option…

legend
    Free Member

From what I’ve heard Montaros fit differently to other Giros anyway, so just go with what you think (I have a MIPs helmet, but having never tried a non-MIPs version I can’t really compare directly)

milky1980
    Free Member

I’ve got a Giro-shaped head and the MIPS Savant and non-MIPS Hex I use are labelled the same size and fit the same. The MIPS doesn’t get in the way at all but is super comfy 8)

iainc

I am a Giro lid user and recently bought Foray and Montaro, both MIPS, same size as previous Xar and road one. They are a little more snug, but unless you are right on the end of adjustment range should be fine sticking with existing size

pinetree
    Free Member

brilliant, thanks!

onandon
    Free Member

Giro mips and non mips are the same.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘MIPS helmet sizing?’ is closed to new replies.