Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Mio P350 touch screen failed. Should I buy a Memory Map 3500 ?
  • I use a Mio P350 with Memory Map on the bike.
    The touch screen has stopped working.
    If it goes to sleep, tapping the screen will wake it up, but it won’t respond to tapping on any icon or text.

I’ve been thinking for a while I ought to get something more robust and water proof anyway. I could do with something by Sunday.
    Any opinions on the Memory Map 3500 ?
    Water proof, big screen, expensive, available locally, bike mount included and I’ve already got the maps. Anything else I ought to know ?

easygirl

os is very dated and clunky
    no trail up function
    i much prefer the satmap, ive had both and sold the memory map
    having the maps is a big plus
    but ive got the national parks for satmap which does me for 99% of the time so im happy

I can live without trail up.
    The Mio won’t do it either and I don’t use a rotating map board so I’m used to having both the map board and GPS aligned with each other, not the real world.

There’s a good review pointing out a few problems and fixes here.
    http://88.208.192.140/supportforum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=2007&sid=d52f98416f53b07c27e9afe0c8295be8

What’s dated and clunky about the os ?
    All I want is a map I can zoom and scroll and centre on my current position.
    I’m not bothered with following pre set routes, I just want confirmation of where I am on the map.
    Is it OK for that compared with the alternatives ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Mio P350 touch screen failed. Should I buy a Memory Map 3500 ?’ is closed to new replies.