Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Mio Cyclo505HC
  • UK-FLATLANDER

Thinking of getting a Mio Cyclo505HC, was wondering if anyone has one. What do you think of it, and what are the maps like for use off-road?

antigee

bump have a 500 bought it as came bundled with OSM here in Aus’ and the navigation works very well on shared trails and gravel roads – have used at local trail centre and seems fine but not very complex – you can set up different profiles that look at and use different types of trail – downsides for me are variable battery life, it can be hard to upload gpx files to the unit – never seems to work using USB cable sometimes ok over wifi – probably different in UK but magellan support here is poor and known problems (like demanding to reboot) seem to take a few months to fix if at all and the odd firmware update seems more problematic than helpful (in my experience) add in less users/regional issues and it can be hard to find a solution to a problem on a forum somewhere
    would I buy another – no

edit lengthy discussion here but believe support in europe may be a bit better http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=74555

nathb
    Free Member

Really like mine, upgraded to it from a 305.

I only use it on roads though…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Mio Cyclo505HC’ is closed to new replies.