Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • minus 8 in Londinium tonight !!!
  • uplink
    Free Member

-11.5 here at the moment according to the nearest weather station
    http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/yh/leeming_latest_temp.html

Just back in from a run, normally I’m warm after he first mile or so but today it took 4 or 5 miles

djglover
    Free Member

It was -13 in Ealing at 7:00am. this morning

cinnamon_girl

Am I the only one who still has their bedroom window open at night?

Did hear the fox last night! Footprints in the garden too.

Hohum
    Free Member

-19.6C in Chesham, Bucks overnight.

That is seriously cold 😯

Tracey

-12 this morning, still have our bedroom windows open at night.

IanMunro
    Free Member

CG, that was me in my Clarks Wayfinders with the animal prints built into the sole.

PeteG55
    Free Member

Beeb website tells me it was -12 at 9am this morning. weather service on my phone showed -14 late last night.

robdob
    Free Member

London being affected by adverse weather conditions has an global impact in terms of trade and commerce and that

But that’s only because they’re a bunch of big girls blouses.
    Sorry Elf, I like London too but grinding to a halt with -7 means they probably shouldn’t be a centre for business. Maybe the northerners who can cope with a slight chill would be better at it.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

It’s been minus 7 here all week……in the day time, not been that bored that i needed to check the night temps.

All i know is the rest of the country just get on with it. London is going through the apocalypse.

London Yesterday after a light dusting

jp-t853

We have discovered when the temperature gets below -15 the front hardwood door freezes shut. Wife thought she was going mad the first time and she checked the key three times.

GrahamS

😯

Yep! I like it a little chilly in the bedroom, but ten below is a bit on the nippy side!

Mind you, we still sleep in the buff with a summer duvet.

therealhoops
    Free Member

-10 on the window thermometer this morning in Stockport…I’ve seen worse.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

-12 on my way to work in Sandiway Cheshire this morning..

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

We have had temperatures on and off like that up north for the last 2-3 weeks so nothing new there….

Sheffield 2 weeks ago had 2ft = 3 x thr amount down south in one night, not one Severe Weather warning or any mention on the news…

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Nope, me too!

Arctic sleeping bag being used as quilt at the moment mind…

robdob
    Free Member

-11 on way to work this morning. Didn”t think it was too bad, but I had to stop at the car dealers to get a small fault rectified and when I got back in the car (they never touched it in the end) the door wouldnt shut. Took me ages to free mechanism so I could shut it properly and drive off!! Quite funny really.

jp-t853

It is -8 in our village at the moment according to weather station.

Current Conditions – Dry, sub-zero, and calm
    Temperature -8.0 °C Dew Point -8.8 °C

cinnamon_girl

Well, I think I’m going for a little pootle over Swinley Forest now. If I’m not on here by the time it’s dark, please send out a search party.

Need to clear my head. Just got a phone call to say my father has been taken into hospital, he’s 89 and has dementia so unable to tell of his symptoms. 🙁

Scamper
    Free Member

As arm chair biker suggests above North Shropshire is always cold and currently holds the England record of -26 or something at RAF Shawbury. The news y’day said Shawbury had the coldest temp sat night of -17 or something.

kimbers

minus 19 in bucks last night apparently

it was cold cycling into london this mornin but not too bad, i did have many many layers though

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Sorry Elf, I like London too but grinding to a halt with -7 means they probably shouldn’t be a centre for business. Maybe the northerners who can cope with a slight chill would be better at it.

Actually, I’d quite like most of the business stuff to shift to other parts of the country, would make London less congested. Trouble is, is it would cost billions for all the companies to relocate, then you’ve got all the trained staff would need relocating, new staff to be trained, etc. Could have been done bit by bit over the last 20-30 years or so, as new communications technologies have been developed, but it hasn’t, really. Companies are going to relocate to Mumbai or Beijing, before they move to Manchester or Birmingham.

Truth is, the vast majority of Londoners are just ‘getting on with it’, same as the rest of Britain. They have to. Bit difficult when hundreds of bus routes, several main train stations, an entire tube network and 5 major airports can be affected by the weather though. We don’t all live within site of the factory gates.

Of course, a place as vast and wondrous as London is a bit too much for yer average Northerner to understand, what with them all living in little villages and rarely venturing far beyond the parish boundary… 😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

While I do like to take the mick out of southerners, Glasgow did have a few issues when it hit -17 with lying snow/ice. I saw a couple of buses stuck and apparently the M8 becaume a bit of a nightmare for a few hours per night…

The point is that people need to accept that snow and ice cause a few problems and hardship – you can’t expect to carry on as normal, even heavily snowed countries don’t – they change their habits and prepare. They drive slowly, fit snow tyres/chains if it requires it, only leave main roads open and expect peopel to dig themselves out, and some people die. That’s life.

El-bent
    Free Member

Maybe the northerners who can cope with a slight chill would be better at it.

No, London’s full of Northerners.

Londoners, no matter from what part of the world they come from are getting on with it, As Elf says, it’s the U K’s lack of preparedness in the transport network that’s the problem and the TV news fixation with blowing stuff like this out of proportion.

Crell
    Free Member

For all your temperature based bragging needs:

wunderground

cxi
    Free Member

Thats a good site – thanks Crell.

-9C not far from our house right now. No wonder the condesate pipe on the boiler froze again today. 🙄

mrmo
    Free Member
    kimbers

pictures of my commute
    cheey play in gunnersbury park

brompton cemetary

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

See? Kimbers is coping!

Are you ok, Kimbers? Not too traumatised I hope?

I like Brompton Cemetery. Love the mad bit in the middle/southern end, and there’s some fantastic headstones/statues and that. Kensal Green Cemy is nice too.

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘minus 8 in Londinium tonight !!!’ is closed to new replies.