• This topic has 13 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Mint Hotel, Manchester – anyone been?
  • IHN

Me and the little lady are coming up to watch the Madison champs and the final Revolution on the 28th Jan. Thought about having a night on the tiles after so I’m looking for a hotel. Anyone used the Mint Hotel? Any good?

Stuey01
    Free Member

Stayed there once, it was decent, I don’t remember much though as I was hammered when I got back to it and left early doors.
    My colleagues really rate it and stay there every week.

I usually stay at the Novotel, which is passable and close to my office. The Mint is definately nicer.
    For another option I thought the Thistle was quite nice, just round the corner, and is a 3 star therefore a bit cheaper.

IHN

Cool, thanks.

binners

You’ve missed the bit where you ask all the Manchester STW contingent to come and meet you for a beer. The little lady will be well impressed. Yes dear, these are the people I met on the interweb…

🙂

IHN

You’ve missed the bit where you ask all the Manchester STW contingent to come and meet you for a beer.

Patience, young Jedi.

IHN

Fancy coming to meet me for a beer?

nbt

Will be showing off your scars again? If so I’m out! If you prmoise to heep it away, then probably. Might bring Souter if you don’t object too much 😉

bigG
    Free Member

It’s a Mint hotel, expect the same from the one in Manchester as all of the others in the chain. I’ve stayed in the Manchester one. It’s ok, bit characterless but certainly somwhere I’ll continue to stay when
    I’m in Manchester

IHN

Will be showing off your scars again?

I’d love to, but they’re now nestling behind a forest of pubes (see, I can do disturbing mental images too)

Might bring Souter if you don’t object too much

Ssshhh… I was hoping to sneak in and out without him noticing… 😉

binners

I’m up for a few beers with my karmic internet twin. Is it too late to get tickets for Revolution? I’ve never been to one. They look great!

IHN

Well, I bought ours last night and there were still a fair few unreserved seating ones left. Nothing left in the reserved stuff on the start/finish straights though.

dooosuk
    Free Member

What’s your budget?

If I was needing a room in Manchester (I don’t as I live in the centre anyway) I’d hold my nerve till the week before and then book in at:

http://www.eclectichotels.co.uk/great-john-street/

They reduce their rooms to £80 for last minute bookings.

portlyone

Mint did nice food, and their bar is well stocked with whisk[e]y. This may have all changed now though…

IHN

I don’t as I live in the centre anyway

Can we stay at yours then? 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Mint Hotel, Manchester – anyone been?’ is closed to new replies.