Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Minor PSA at last Genesis website shows 2015 bikes
  • ampthill

http://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/

whilst we are here

Just under a grand with Tiagra and 4130

But decent hubs

What do you think value wise…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Just under a grand with Tiagra and 4130

Also just under a grand. Alu, Carbon, 105/Ultegra

I really, really want to like Genesis, but they seem to be trying to cast their net too wide too fast in my opinion. Would have loved to see them stick with the CDF range and a simple range of steel road bikes/credit card tourers, and then build from that. The range now just looks a bit of a muddle to me.

daleftw
    Free Member

Reckon that carbon Croix de Fer fork will fit last years Croix de Fer?

MSP

I think they muddled the longitude as well, should have had sliding dropouts, and god knows what this half fat nonsense is about.

ampthill

Captainflasheart

I’d love it more if it had room for bigger tyres. But its alot of bike for the money

daleftw

I thought it was meant to be retrofit. But it must change geometry?

Clink

I think they muddled the longitude as well, should have had sliding dropouts, and god knows what this half fat nonsense is about.

This ^

Still like the range, but starting to lose it’s uniqueness for me.

Shame Fortitude is lost, especially the ss one.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Genesis?
    I work in a small chain of LBSs. 3 stores. Visually every single employee from Saturday boy to to manager has a Genesis. Me included. Some have two. Those that don’t have a Saracen or a Ridgeback, or both. (The other Sportline/Madison brands)
    We also stock Giant And Specialized but NOBODY has one of either of those
    Why?
    Because they are bloody good bikes that look ace, have good, well thought out spec and great back up. It’s that simple.
    They’re also quite a lot cooler than Giant or Specialized….

robdob
    Free Member

I’d rather have a Genesis than that gopping Giant…..

Genesis tend to put decent kit on where it matters, my own personal gripe is cheap hubs to save cash but they generally put quality hubs on their bikes. No point in getting a seemingly better spec bike then needing to get new wheels 6 months later as it’s not economical to replace hubs alone. All 3 of my Spesh bikes suffered from this.

woodster

I think the CDA 20 looks good and seems pretty good value with a well chosen spec.

fin25
    Free Member

Forgive me if I’m wrong, MSP but I was under the impression that the longitude does have sliding dropouts?

ampthill

The CDA 20 does look great. But I was looking to do my next bike on the cycle to work scheme

I assume that the tyres are proper tyres as well. We all know thats another cost cutter that can be end up expensive to sort out

zilog6128

New range looks great! Surprised that there isn’t a Di2 CdF in the range given that the frame has been designed with routing for it. Maybe I’ll get another year out of my current one and buy a 2016…

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Peter poddy…. Personally spesh in my opinion are cooler than genesis. They at least release bikes when they say they will. Don’t get me wrong I love genesis frames…. I have two…. But I was waiting for the cdf 30 to be released and I find out today it’s been delayed by 8 weeks. Not good. Not good at all…. No apology….. Getting my money back to spend on something that’s actually available when I would like it to be and when they said it would be. Genesis….. Take note….. Wtf you doing?

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

That CDA20 looks quite interesting for £800, stick some nicer rubber on it and I bet it would make a lovely winter hack for the roads/paths it was designed for.

Also the core 24 looks good for a junior rider, especially as they’ve seen fit to get rid of the suspension fork so it now weighs in at just over 11kg.

nodrog2
    Free Member

PeterPoddy has a point. I also work for LBS, a slightly bigger one with 6 shops. Lots of the staff own Genesis bikes for the reasons PeterPoddy points out. The shop I work for also does Specialized, Giant, Focus amongst others. Hardly any of the staff own these brands. It’s nothing to do with the staff deal we get either as we get greater discount on Specialized and Giant. Simply put, Genesis are great looking, very functional, great riding, good value and just a little different. Looking forward to my Croix de fer 30 turning to go with my Fugio and Volant.

MussEd
    Free Member

Well I’d happily buy about 9 of those bikes right now if I had the funds. Top of the list being the Longitude.

daleftw
    Free Member

See, for every Genesis bike, there’s a Surly I’d rather have.

mrblobby
    Free Member

A little surprised at the price of the Zero frame. It’s only a 100 quid cheaper than the Zero.1 full build, which as I understand it is exactly the same frame. Ok the groupset, wheels and finishing kit is all fairly basic but worth a lot more than 100 quid. I guess it’s no different from the likes of Spesh with their frame pricing.

epicyclo

daleftw – Member
    See, for every Genesis bike, there’s a Surly I’d rather have.

Got both. I’d rate Genesis somewhat higher than Surly, and I like Surlys.

MussEd
    Free Member

And for every Surly you can get (nearly) two Genesis bikes!

MussEd
    Free Member

first double post for ages!

daleftw
    Free Member

epicyclo – Member
    Got both. I’d rate Genesis somewhat higher than Surly, and I like Surlys.

I have both too, Surly FTW.

daleftw
    Free Member

MussEd – Member
    And for every Surly you can get (nearly) two Genesis bikes!

It’s a shame Surly don’t skimp on tyres/hubs/kit on their full-builds mind…

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

That Croix de Feu Stainless is sooooo close….if only it had internal routing with Di2 option. They’ve even put the caliper on the chainstay which looks far better in my opinion. Oh wait a minute…no bolt through axles….shame

RustySpanner

Nearly three hundred and fifty quid cheaper, with a Reynolds 525 sticker too.
    🙂

I think Genesis made some lovely bikes in the past and still do.

But their range has been all over the place for ages and the pricing is inconsistent.

Take the CdF.
    Why not offer at least the option of a triple?
    Seems a bit too image driven for me.
    Volant? Looks great as an all rounder, but won’t take a rack!

They’ve even put the caliper on the chainstay which looks far better in my opinion.

But not on the Road Disc range.
    😐

hatter

Oh wait a minute…no bolt through axles….shame

Doesn’t need em’ the Croix’s are built like brick poo houses so they’re more than capable of handling braking forces, just get decent skewers and do ’em up tight. MTBers have survived a decade or so of mixing Q/R’s with discs.

Dickyboy

I think they muddled the longitude as well, should have had sliding dropouts

err judging by the photos it does have sliding drop outs, which for me is a negative 🙁 tell me why I shouldn’t be bothered about this

iainc

So what’s the deal with the Croix De Fer 30’s and delivery ? I thought they were going to be available early December but has that gone back now ?

MSP

Sliding dropouts

Track ends

Mister-P
    Free Member

If I was a betting man I’d go for delays on the brakes Ianc. Demand for the hydraulic road brakes has been massive.

iainc

Ah, brakes delay makes sense. So when are dealers offering delivery dates now ?

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Originally date was 11th Nov. Then I was told early December. Then message from genesis on Facebook says end of December. But more likely new year 🙁 close to cancelling my order and getting the arkose as a stop gap. Grrrrrr

iainc

hmmmm, long wait then…

fin25
    Free Member

Fair point, MSP. I agree, sliding dropouts would have been better…

Dickyboy

Fair point, MSP. I agree, sliding dropouts would have been better…

err +1 😳

personally would prefer std fixed drop outs, track ends & sliding are a right mess in my eyes, still can’t make my mind up on frame, full bike or something else option 🙄

ampthill

Looks like the zero 1 isn’t actually offering a full build for £1000. I think the price is a mistake. The retailers have it at £1300. I got suspicious when it was a better build than the Equilibrium 10

Now look at the CDA 20 I wonder if I could put an MTB double on it and a bar end shifter. Left Apex leavers are really expensive

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Minor PSA at last Genesis website shows 2015 bikes’ is closed to new replies.