Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • minivader wants minecraft…. Will I die?
  • daftvader
    Free Member

Evening…
    Minivader as expressed the desire to have minecraft on the pc…. Is this the start of the end of my sanity? Is this going to lead to AD&D or warhammer??? If I do this should I go Pc or 360 as Nintendo appear to be very slow on the uptake of this….

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

ipad or tablet imo

wrightyson
    Free Member

Of boredom? Yes!
    The music is enough to make you want to kill!

allfankledup

Pretty routine for nippers these days. Xbox version / tablet etc all suffice generally.

Drac

Fiddly on tablets dead easy on PC and consoles, there’s more mods on PC.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

My 12 year old and 18 year old both do it, but do tons of other stuff, reading, music, other games, online with friends on PC, or on tablet apps.

It’s just normal these days

daftvader
    Free Member

Minivader is 6…. Loves his ds and the wii so it’s just progress

divenwob
    Free Member

3 kids,3 pc’s,3 minecraft subs.THE most involved any of them have been in ANY game EVER!To be fair the only real downside is the sometimes naughty language used within the chat,which can be turned off. AFAIK PC is king.

chomp
    Free Member

PC is definately where it’s at for flexibility etc but for ease of use the PS3\360 version is very good.

It’s a lot easier to craft stuff as you get a craft book that tells you what you need etc, however my 6 year old now has a much better grasp on materials and other sciency stuff for his age as he’s been playing on PC for ages.

I have to say it’s an awesome game and really can bring out kids creativity, and as said there is some learning going on while the fun is happening

(just don’t look endermen in the eye!!!!!!!!!!)

GregMay
    Free Member

I spent my youth playing Ad&D and Warhammer. I’m still a mostly well rounded person who rides bikes far too much. It’s all about balance.

Nowt wrong with Minecraft – everything in moderation.

wwaswas

It’s when they start watching YouTube videos of other people playing Minecraft that you need to doubt their sanity.

brassneck

Make your own private server, and restrict it to friends only.

I ran one for nothing on AWS for a while (then they started charging, boo!) but Mojang supply Realms now if you aren’t technical or just want an easy option.

rendo
    Free Member

It’s when they start watching YouTube videos of other people playing Minecraft that you need to doubt their sanity.

most definitely the most annoying aspect of minecraft. sometimes wonder if my kids ever use minecraft or just watch other people on youtube, there is one in particular with the most annoying voice and laughs a bit like jimmy carr. i’ve had to ban this being played anywhere except their bedrooms.

brassneck

That’ll be Stampy then.

Millionaire before 25, that’s how to monetise the internetz

chomp
    Free Member

at least with Stampy you know he’s not going to randomly drop a load of F Bombs etc

I agree he is annoying to listen to I’d rather that than some of the other language we hear (kids now trained to mute at the first sound of swearing as if either me or the wife hear it repeated then youtube is switched off immediately.

YouTube is total crap for filtering swearing out – not yet found a site that you can stream youtube through that will bleep it out 🙂

D0NK

better than watching youtube vids of people opening kinder surprises

or vids of grown men “reviewing” kids toys which quite frankly creeps me out.

Think I’ll be installing minecraft soon, is the best place to get PC version here?

dazh

My 9 year old spends more time watching Stampy videos than playing the damn thing. Her friends are the same. Drives me mad. Still, when she does play it it’s amazing to watch how she uses it. Kids really do pick this sort of stuff up very quickly. And I’d much rather she play minecraft than spend her time playing shooters or fighting games like I did at that age.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I agree with Wrightyson, it’s the music that’ll send you homicidal. I’m sitting here watching one play it on the XBox while the other ones in the study watching Stampy videos. I fear I may end up committing atrocities before the days out. Tickets for Disneyworld in October have just arrived, and even that wasn’t enough to lure them away. If I’ve learned nothing else in my time on this planet, it’s this – kids are weird.

daftvader
    Free Member

cheers for all the replies, looks like i am on a loosing streak then, might as well get me geek on and join the buggers, however when he utters the phrase ‘whats warhammer?’ i have a very good friend who will be happy to explain that one…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘minivader wants minecraft…. Will I die?’ is closed to new replies.