Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • minions on stans flows tubeless…
  • kevin1911

Just fitted new folding minions to my stan flow rims, and trying them tubeless for the first time. I’m using the yellow tape AND the proper rim tape thing with the valve. Added the gloop and pumped up to 65 psi to ensure they seat properly. They seem to have sealed well, but at no stage on either wheel did I hear that reassuring pop/ping of the tyre bead seating onto the rim. So am I likely to have a blowout, or is it normal for the tyres to seat properly without making the pop/ping noise?

awh
    Free Member

I have the same set up and mine didn’t pop on. I’ve had several months biking without any problems.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Have a close look around the edge of the rim – there should be a tiny rubber ridge visible on the side wall about 2mm away from the rim. If that’s visible all the way round, both sides, if not, its still got a way to go.

Did you use soapy water too? That can mean they seat quietly sometimes.

Northwind

Yeah, I’ve done minions and swampthings lately and neiter popped on, they just sort of insinuated themselves onto the rim. All worked fine though

kevin1911

Thanks guys, that puts my mind at ease. Didn’t use soapy water – eidnt think I’d need it and it seems I was right. The whole thing was way too easy 🙂

p7rich
    Free Member

Careful with those pressures. Stans guidance says 35-40 psi max for Flows. I’ve already learned the hard way and had a WTB pop off the rim!

kevin1911

Yes, I was getting a bit nervous as it got above 45. Now back down to 35ish.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘minions on stans flows tubeless…’ is closed to new replies.