Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Minions Anywhere?
  • mrlinderley
    Free Member

Does anyone know of anywhere in the UK/Europe that has Maxxis Minion DHF 3C TR 27.5 x 2.3 in stock?
    I have trawled the net and can’t find any and most places are saying they won’t have any until May.
    I am off to Italy at the end of April and really would like to be on my favourite tyre.
    There must be a shop with some lying around somewhere.
    Any help will be much appreciated.

fooman

This is the reason I’m having to test a High Roller II at the moment instead. Also 27.5 Crossmark not available with EXO sidewalls. Damn these odd size wheels…

nickc

I got some from Next day tyres

oops sorry, mine were 26″

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Winstanlys?

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Is this an appropriate time to pipe up and say that I’ve got a couple of very lightly used, 27.5×2.3 3C/EXO/TR Minion DHFs in the garage that I’d be willing to sell? I’ve been using the DHR2s instead. Literally perfect, almost new conditions other than the light coating of sealant on the inside. £35 posted and email is in my profile. Only got 2 though.

mrlinderley
    Free Member

getonyourbike ymg
    cheers
    one happy mtbist

getonyourbike
    Free Member

My set of DHFs are gone. Happy to have been of some help.

takisawa2

Gold dust right now.
    If anyone else has any to sell… 😕

motozulu
    Free Member

Bird are fitting them to the Zero – worth asking them?

boxxer7
    Free Member

I’ve got a virtually new minion DHF 3C EXO max terra 27.5 sat in my shed if anyone’s after one, sold one a while back with the intention of using the other but haven’t.

benpinnick

I’ve probably got a pile of light to moderately used ones if your interested. Actually I have hundreds in the warehouse but I can’t sell you those I’m afraid!

mactheknife

Bumpity for anyone that had a DHF 3c maxxterra in 26″ that wants to sell 🙂

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Just to throw in a curve ball…..

I struggled to find a 650B minion a few months ago, and after reading a similar thread on here I bought a tubeless ready 3C WTB Vigillante from CRC for £20. Its a VERY similar tyre to the minion.
    This is coming from a mnion fan! 🙂

crashrash

Also big thumbs up for the vigilante – great front tyre and tubeless is easy though can be a pig to get off your TR rim!

crashrash

also discovered that Cogs in Plymouth
    http://cogs-bikes.com/
    have some in – though whether they have the size you want I don’t know!

butlerjamesp
    Free Member

Change of distributor has caused this issue at present

scotlandthedave
    Free Member

Actually I have hundreds in the warehouse but I can’t sell you those I’m afraid!

Yes sadly i was one of the enterprising souls pestering emailing you asking about this.

Minion DHF is like hens teeth!

scotlandthedave
    Free Member

cogs bikes only have 26″ Minions in stock, dont know about price though.

jonap
    Free Member

I ended up ordering some 26″ versions from Bike24 in Germany on tuesday, it says they have 27.5 x 2.3 in stock as well http://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;navigation=1;menu=1000,2,103,317;product=85968
    I haven’t received them yet but they’ve emailed me today to say they have been shipped.

nickc

Have also heard very good things about WTB Vigilantes

shredder
    Free Member

Just fitted a 2.3 Vigilante tis huge nearly as big as a 2.4 Trail King / Rubber Queen. Will see how it fares over the weekend as I have a Minion DHR II on the other bike.

benpinnick

Fwiw I think the dhr2 is a better tyre on the front and back… And you can buy them still.

scotlandthedave
    Free Member

That is interesting ben however I’m not sure if My OCD would cope with having a designated rear tire on the front!

getonyourbike
    Free Member

benpinnick – Member
    Fwiw I think the dhr2 is a better tyre on the front and back… And you can buy them still.

This man knows. ^^^

Really muddy races/uplifts- 2.5 Shorty front, 2.3 Minion DHR2 rear
    Most conditions- 2.4 HR3 front, 2.3 Minion DHR2 rear
    Dry/trail centre- 2.3 Minion DHR2 front, Minion Semi Slick rear

benpinnick

Yeah they really should have changed the name when they released it, if for no other reason than to dissasociate it from the old DHR. However DHR2 is catchier than my personal favourite ‘bastard love child of a dhf and highroller 2 that’s better than both’ …

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Better how? Ive heard as many say DHF all round as DHR all round, but nobody really giving a rationale for one over the other?

benpinnick

Better in loose / mud without sacrificing much in the dry, and therefore a better mixed conditions tyre generally. If I could only have one tyre for the rest of my days, it would be a dhr2.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

How do they roll versus the DHF?

chiefgrooveguru

DHR2 sounds good! Better than a Butcher Grid (which is basically a DHF Super Tacky Exo with slightly wider knob spacing)?

Am waiting for the mythical Baron Projekt but my rear tyre is looking quite shredded so the front needs swapping back and something new up front… Currently running Trail King Protection 2.2 (bloody good!)

benpinnick

How do they roll versus the DHF?

Slightly slower but worth the difference IMHO. This guy sums it all up pretty well – http://blistergearreview.com/gear-reviews/maxxis-minion-dhr2/,

chiefgrooveguru

Two rides in with the DHR2 up front. Yes, conditions are perfect at the moment but I’m still bloody impressed. Thanks for the recommendation! Seems a very good pairing with the Trail King out back.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Minions Anywhere?’ is closed to new replies.