Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Minion on flows
  • carbon337
    Free Member

Running with tubes but I have loads of issues getting the tyre onto the rim. Snapped a plastic tyre lever.

Should I just force them on with metal levers or am I doing something wrong? Don’t like resorting to forcing things. It’s getting annoying now as I’m changing the front tyre quite regularly.

rlt
    Free Member

Been running single-ply 2.5’s on flows with no trouble (tubeless). What size/type are you using?

awh
    Free Member

I’ve had a mix of tubeless Minion, Advantage and Ardent on my Flows. The fit is tight but I wouldn’t say I’d got to just forcing them on. Apart from making sure the first bead is right in the centre of the rim when fitting the other I can’t think of any special tricks.

nickegg
    Free Member

No problems here with Crossmark LUST, Ardent LUST, Ignitor LUST and single ply wire bead Minions.

All used with yellow tape. The minions were a pain to seat but sorted by leaving overnight with a tube installed to fully seat the bead on one side. Never needed levers to get any of these tyres on.

fattatlasses
    Free Member

Should I just force them on with metal levers or am I doing something wrong? Don’t like resorting to forcing things.

If you haven’t done so already, you could try using some neat washing up liquid on the tyre bead. I’ve found this sometimes helps with really awkward tyre/rim combos.

mandog

+1 washing up liquid

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Minion on flows’ is closed to new replies.