Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Minimum wage increases question
  • project
    Free Member

So some of the parties have promised to increase the minimum wage, and from working as an employee many years ago, there was alwas a pay differential between jobs and , and skill bases, as an example place i worked at was a care home, minimum wage for carers but senior carers got paid about 50p more an hour, so if the minimum wage goes up does everyones wage have to increase to keep that wage differential.Senior care home staff said they would down grade to carers if they also didnt get a rise.

Stoner
    Free Member

Senior care home staff said they would down grade to carers if they also didnt get a rise.

that’s how things should operate.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I don’t ever remember getting a pay rise when the minimum went up 😉

footflaps

Well there’s no compulsion, so it’s up to individual employers to adjust pay scales accordingly….

sweepy
    Free Member

I think the important thing is the poor sods on minimum wage get the rise, I wouldn’t want to live on it again.

bails

If you’re doing a job where the grade below is paid minimum wage, and you’re differentiated from them by being paid minimum wage + a token amount for your (presumably more difficult/skilled) job then I’d expect the wage to rise to reflect at least some of the rise in min wage.

If you’re getting min wage + 20p and minimum wage then goes up by 20p then why would you do the harder job for the same money? But if the cleaners at your business change consultancy take home an extra £1 a day I don’t think that should mean a knock on pay increase for the sales director 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Minimum wage increases question’ is closed to new replies.