Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 'Mini' video route ride guides, what do you think?
  • nemtbroutes
    Free Member

I’ve started to produce some ‘mini’ video mountain bike ride guides that I’ve posted to You Tube. I was just wondering what people that thought of the format. I’ve spiced ride and mapping footage together to provide an overview of a given route complete with some stats (such as length, altitude, etc).

They can be found on You Tube (http://www.youtube.com/user/nemtbroutes?feature=mhum).

Would people find this kind of thing interesting and useful? I’m not in to make any money, just like to promote some of the great rides we have up here in Northumberland.

7hz
    Free Member

Cool, I watched the “Rothbury Super Loop” one. Good idea!

Maps and captions are good.

I’d make it a bit shorter. I think some vidoe of a rider on the trail would be better than the onboard cam for a lot of it. Some of the footage could be cut, especially where it gets all shaky. More pictures may be good as well.

cinnamon_girl

Bad idea. Empty trails is part of Northumberland’s appeal. FWIW have holidayed there a few times, first time was around 9 years ago, and each time since, I have seen more people on the trails. 🙁

Nothing to see … move along.

Edit: I stayed in Holystone last Summer and some of those trails were familiar!

nemtbroutes
    Free Member

7hz,

Thanks for the constructive feedback, I will be putting a new video together soon for a ride completed at Hamsterley, I have a new mount so my new footage is much smoother. Thanks again.

nemtbroutes
    Free Member

Cinnamon Girl,

Northumberland is a big place so I don’t think by promoting a few routes it’s all of a sudden going to turn into the M25 or 7Stanes. I look forward to meeting other riders on the trail, it’s a nice opportunity to exchange pleasantries and discuss the ride. There are far more walkers and horses about than bikers.

cinnamon_girl

Constructive comments now – did like the map idea, most useful, and it was nice to see a light-hearted feel to the video. 8)

Definitely agree with you about more walkers around though. My first ever ride in Northumberland was a 25 miler taking in the delights of Clennell Street and Salters Road – that was certainly an undertaking and reckon I saw about two people all day, and my goodness was it a long day!

The Northumberland landscape is amazing, love the valleys and the rounded hills. Can’t wait to go back!

Do post up when you’ve added some more. 🙂

nemtbroutes
    Free Member

Cinnamon girl,

I rode a variation of the classic Derek Purdy Alwinton route yesterday. Weather was kind and the route was amazing. 17 miles in all with almost 700m of climbing. Some of the views were spectacular.
    🙂 🙂

nemtbroutes
    Free Member

Added my latest video route guide:

Hamsterly Forest – Doctors Gate Route

Taken some of the feedback on board, muted the sound and tried to steady the video shaking where I could.

Thanks again for all the feedback.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘'Mini' video route ride guides, what do you think?’ is closed to new replies.