Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Mini pump ideas?
  • MussEd
    Free Member

What’s the received wisdom on the best mini pump for backpack use? Think i’d like one of those that folds out to a kind of mini track pump but unsure which model is best…any ideas/recommendations?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

The best one I have used is a Leyzne Road Drive L. I can inflate my road tires to 100psi quickly and with minimal effort.

z1ppy

Topeak MTN Morph – the power ranger of mini pumps!
    Though it ain’t that mini in std form, lots of differing versions available but I like this one for it’s size and lack of “features”.
    Have heard ppl complain they’ve broken the foot plate, but I’ve had mine years without issue.

carlos
    Free Member

Not tried it on road tyres but the Topeak Mountaim Morph fits in a Camelback, folds out like a mini track pump, has a dual head, flexi hose for the valve (not direct fit)so it won’t rip it off if you get a bit carried away and doesn’t take forever to inflate the tyre. So it gets my vote

t_i_m
    Free Member

there was a very long thread on this ages ago. The two that came through were a Leyzne one and the Topeak Mountain Morph.

After reading, I ended up buying a Mountain Morph and think that it’s excellent.

AFAIK the Leyzne one costs more and looks prettier but doesn’t seem to offer anything over ther Mountain Morph.

jeffcapeshop
    Free Member

i’ve got a leyzne road drive too, though not used it on mtb.. for road it’s surprisingly quick to get up to pressure and always easy going. only problem is it has a tendency to unscrew the whole valve when you take it off meaning you have to do it all again – if your tubes have valves that unscrew, tighten them all with pliers first!

other than that it’s tiny and light, and indeed looks pretty.

MussEd
    Free Member

Thanks all. Will check both out…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Mini pump ideas?’ is closed to new replies.