Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Mini Planet X rant.
  • duckman

So I really fancied the Dirty Disco on Cycle scheme so emailed on the advice of the helpful lad on the customer service number to see if a more wallet friendly build was available. Got the reply on Tuesday that there were no custom builds on cyclescheme and I should buy the xls if I didn’t want to pay the extra as it was Rival 22 only on the £1200 DD. Bearing in mind the top up fee I looked about and then requested a voucher for the Rival equipped XLS as suggested,and placed the order with PX. Log on today, AND LO AND BEHOLD there is a tiagra equipped DD for a grand…And the spec of the £999 XLS has gone from rival to tiagra overnight as well. I am pretty certain the price of the DD frame has gone up £100 since yesterday as well.

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Pretty much the norm with P-X I think, I wasted about £200 last year when I ordered my XLS then they immediately changed the prices and groupset.

Be sure to check the bike over when it arrives, mine had semi-functional shifting, a badly built rear wheel and was missing a bar-end plug. It did however have a nice checklist claiming all of the above had been done properly.

wwaswas

I’ve always found that p-x have the motto:

if you don’t like our prices, wait a minute.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Mini Planet X rant.’ is closed to new replies.