Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • mini-netbooks
  • CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Anyone got/tried these? Just so i don’t get loads of responses about netbooks, I’m talking about the devices which are even smaller.The Pandora is the only one I know of, but what else is out there?

aracer
    Free Member

Wouldn’t an iPad be better? 😈

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

i don’t know, but they are awfully big

toys19
    Free Member

netbook 150-250 quid
    ipad 450..

mogrim

Not sure I could handle owning something that ugly:

Still, remixing your favourite chunes on the pads at the back could be fun I suppose.

What you really want is an Acer slider hinged C200 Tablet PC, see http://www.engadget.com/2005/11/23/acers-slider-hinged-c200-tablet-pcs-are-here/ for example:

Edit: frogs are optional.

aracer
    Free Member

Er, morim, Hairy:

Just so i don’t get loads of responses about netbooks, I’m talking about the devices which are even smaller

aracer
    Free Member

netbook 150-250 quid
    ipad 450

Yeah, but normal laptop £350-£400
    Macbook £800+
    Yet seemingly the white/silver version is better value.

hp_source

ipad’s no longer that much, if you can live with wifi only….

Ipad 16 wifi £319

they’re bigger, but still not ‘big’

mogrim

aracer – Member
    Er, morim, Hairy:
    Just so i don’t get loads of responses about netbooks, I’m talking about the devices which are even smaller

Oops, didn’t check the screen size. And I really meant the ASUS Eee Pad Slider, although that’s got a 10″ screen size too.

Still think that Pandora things ugly ugly ugly, though.

stug45
    Free Member

I liked the Sony one that would fit in your jacket pocket. Although I prefer my nexus one phone for mini browsing!

clubber
    Free Member

tick!

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Anyone considering the Asus transformer?

Or is it just me 😉

fourbanger
    Free Member

My EEEpc901 just packed in so I’ve replaced it with an Ipod Touch. Does everything the Asus did including Skype video, but is more portable so I can listen to tunes on the move. For typing longer emails if I’m away from home, I can connect to my wireless keyboard, plus I can connect to my mac over wifi for file transfers etc. Working out pretty nicely so far.

Xylene
    Free Member

Samsung did one Q800 or something it was called.

BIt of a flop really, it didn’t take off in Korea, so it must have been a flop

epo-aholic
    Free Member

Had a few net books and all completely gutless, iPad on the other hand is great, shame they cost twice the price…… Try eBay for a second-hand one perhaps?

Xylene
    Free Member

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘mini-netbooks’ is closed to new replies.