• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by xcgb.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Mini Moto? any Tips?
  • xcgb
    Free Member

Going on Sunday, I’m 6’1″ will I be able to stand afterwards!?

Any tips on clothing race tactics etc?

ahwiles
    Free Member

you’ll be wearing overalls, but extra clothes underneath will add a little padding for when you fall off.

cornering: go in fast, come out faster, lean, lean and lean some more.

accelerate when you get to the apex, if you were going to crash you’d have fallen off before you got there.

mini-moto is ace, makes go-karting seem completely pointless.

you won’t be able to stand after about 10 mins racing, but you’ll still want another go!

Cougar

They don’t handle anything like motorbikes. Try countersteering round a corner and you’ll end up going straight on, crashing into a kerb going arse over elbow into a large pile of gravel. Er, I imagine. *cough*

turboferret

If you have any motorcycle gear, wear it, assuming you are flexible enough to contort onto a mini-moto while wearing it.

With the exception of the boots – you want to be able to bend your ankles so that the soles of your feet are pointing towards each other, not down, to give you sufficient ground clearance. I made the mistake of wearing my boots the first time I went, and ended up demolishing a set of toe sliders and couldn’t get the bike leant over as much as I’d like.

Once the tyres are warm, you have incredible grip – trust them.

Most important thing is to have fun 🙂

Cheers, Rich

LoCo
    Free Member

A mate a uni used to race them, he was about 6’2″.

At about the same height I found them a bit uncomfey but good fun.

yodagoat
    Free Member

Ace fun. Do what turboferret says.

xcgb
    Free Member

Cheers chaps! sounds like a giggle

mos

Break your ankles first, it makes it easier to get your feet on the pegs, especially if you have size 13 feet like me.

klumpy
    Free Member

I found the tyres were sliding before my knee reached the ground, so just chuck it on your knee, don’t spend too much time getting there! You can slide them into, round, and out of corners – doing so I managed a high side that rolled the bike 3 or 4 times; your mission is to beat that! 😆

xcgb
    Free Member

Klumpy
    Lol we just might as the guys doing it are all pretty competitive, some ride motorbikes but not sure if thats an advantage or not!

porter_jamie

if in doubt, flat out

jd-boy
    Free Member

Dont ride it on forestry land, they will crush it if they catch you
    😕

almightydutch
    Free Member

Dont hit tyre walls!!!

See how far you can wheelie one

If you have some decent gloves i’d take them over the crap usually provided FOC. If you have an old motorbike helmet take that too. Again much better than the smelly odd fitting helmets provided

xcgb
    Free Member

I can now concur that all of the above is true!

I hurt all over partly due to my mate taking me out on the fastest part of the course bike must have flipped 3 times as did I

Great fun though better than karting – overtaking is much easier

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Mini Moto? any Tips?’ is closed to new replies.