Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • mini HiFi advice
  • iainc

following my earlier thread, I have almost narrowed it down to this, with the add on Onkyo ipod dock that's at the bottom of the page

http://www.creative-audio.co.uk/HD.php?_DEN_DM37_WHF_DIA10_1_ST_&CAT=STSYS&ID=1328

don't want to go over £450 and need ipod docker, DAB radio and cd player.

I don't know mcuh about HiFi so looking for a steer as to whether this is as good a deal as I'm likely to find

Cheers

Check out the reviews of 'Acoustic Energy Aego 2.1' speakers on Amazon and the like.

Built in amp, subwoofer, unrivalled sound for the money (I got some a year ago for £100).

I treated myself to a soundcard upgrade for the laptop and hey presto! ipod docker, DAB radio and cd player all in 1! And shedloads of money saved.

5lab

i got one of these

http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/5720

its ace. bit underbudget for you though

montylikesbeer
    Futureboy77

I've got the Denon system above.
    I was kind of forced in to it as having a toddler and expensive B&W's on stands didn't mix, so the old Arcam set up was retired!

I wouldn't say the Denon matches a full set up, but for a wee set up at that price, it's hard to argue with. I certainly am happy enough with it for the money. Nice sound, easy to set up and pretty unobtrusive.

iainc

many thanks all.

That's me convinced now 😀

ridethelakes
    Free Member

I've got the Denon system above and a Yamaha system in the kitchen at a similar price range and the Denon one is much better.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Highly recommend Teac's little system or if you can go a bit bigger, their Reference 300 mini separates system – I've got this with Bose 301s, decent speaker cable and interconnects – it really does sound good. Speakers were pricey but Teac do decent ones in some of their bundles.

To my ears, Teac are better than Denon or any other similar mini system.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘mini HiFi advice’ is closed to new replies.