Viewing 13 posts - 161 through 173 (of 173 total)
  • Mini DV Camera – Thoughts & Question
  • kimbers

well i have one of these that my father in law got me for 30 quid in maplin…. http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=285263

and the muvi one i paid 50 for….

both running the standard 2gb cards at the moment im quite enjoying them

mcenteeg
    Free Member

Hi,

I'm new to these boards and I'm not a biker. I'm a skydiver and I've just bought one of these MD80 d001 cameras from ebay (This One). I'm here to ask your advice because I can't get the **** thing to record clips.

From the c**p instructions, I've managed to figure out how to turn it on, switch modes and use it as a web cam. I'm pretty sure I know how to start/stop recording and activate the sound recording (i'm guessing that I know how having seem changes in the red light)

I'm using an 8gb class 4 SDHC card from my nokia n85. when the camera is connected to the pc by USB, I can read the chip and I have put the TAG file on it. but I can't seem to record any files to the memory card.

Has anyone had a similar problem with one of these cameras? do I need to format the card or something? is there a setting or switch that I'm missing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Greg..

paul777
    Free Member

hello all
    new here my first post
    bought 2 mini dv cams from memorybits great cam at under £12
    sent them both back because they would only record for around 45 min,
    on site it states that you can record for 2 hours !!!!!
    they are so good i have asked for new ones which i recived one yesterday but once again only records for 55 min, i don`t want to send them back again anyone knows where to buy a better battery ?
    i also have a 8GB sdhc card any help please
    i was going to buy the £35 ones does anyone have these how long can you record for ?
    thank you paul

thepodge
    Free Member

isn't the time set by the size of the memory?

ie an 8 gig will record about an hour and a 16 gig will record about 2 hours

paul777
    Free Member

hello thepodge
    and thanks for replying i have plenty of memory
    i.e. when the battery runs out around 45-5o min, it uses around 3-4GB i have around 3 gb still left on card to use
    but no power left to fill the card up
    last night i charged it for over 5 hours i shall see what happens today !!!!
    also i cannot record when i`m charging
    i.e in car useing usb lead and adapter in 12v
    thank you again paul

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Are these worth a go for the money? A few of us bought a Go-Pro between us but it sounds like it might have died so for £15 I thought I might buy one of these for some helmet/bike cam stuff. Which one (theres cheap ones on eBay and through zoombits etc) is the best or are they all of a muchness for £15!?

Cheers
    Dave

Andy-W
    Free Member

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=109457&PHPSESSID=vg85tforb7s68m6r45qidtv8n1

just sent for one of these, not expecting great things but for the money its worth a look.

Looks like they have gone up in price ,I paid £12.99 last week now showing £16.99

Andy

paul777
    Free Member

help again please
    Hello
    I ordered 2 mini dv cams over a month ago from this site
    http://www.memorybits.co.uk/shop/camcorders/mini-dv-camcorder-the-smallest-in-the-world!-md80/19252

I had a fault on both cams sent them both back
    I had replacements cams last week
    I’m afraid to say these new ones are worse
    they will only record for 35 mins or less
    I have even tried a 3 hour charge which I did last night ready for my school run
    Left my house at 8 .30 it stopped recording at 8.52
    I’m using a 8GB sdhc card checked the card after recording ended
    Around 5 GB was left on card so memory is not an insure
    I`m sending them back
    what I need to know I have looked at a few sites they all seem to have the same mini dv cam
    Are the batteries just as bad ? They all say 2 hours of recording
    Any out there that will record for 2 hours or more ?
    Thank you paul

petestuart
    Free Member

Mine arrived from 7dayshop today. Ordered for 12.99 with no microSD – It arrived with an 8gb class 4 card already installed. Plus an array of clips etc to attach it to things! Absolutely astonishing mega bargain – best of all it actually works! Instructions are useless and date function is fiddly but a bit of googling sorts it out. Cant wait to play with it now.

paul777
    Free Member

hello
    Can I buy a bigger capacity battery from maplin !!!!
    As mine will only record for 30 min
    I have ample of memory 8GB SDHC card
    paul

thepodge
    Free Member

it would seem you are better off asking some where else

plopu
    Free Member

Hi all,
    I have recently bought a MD80 001 camera and a MicroSDHC 8GB Class 6 card for it and the device is giving me hard times.
    When i press the power on button with the card inserted the lights blink once and then remains on and freeze. i can’t do anything else just to reset it from the button in the tiny hole on the side.

I have test it with another card MicroSD 2GB and everything works fine.

Does anyone else had this problem? Is there something i can do with the card or it is not supported by the MD80?

DickBarton

Crikey, resurrect an old thread…

Just got my hands on a D011 car DV thing…looks like a small torch. Just wondering if anyone else has one and how long you charge them for – instructions suggest first 3 charges of over 12 hours each – that doesn’t sound right…

Viewing 13 posts - 161 through 173 (of 173 total)

The topic ‘Mini DV Camera – Thoughts & Question’ is closed to new replies.