Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Mini digger mounted log splitter. Anyone made one?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

A few years back I made a log splitter. It was a bit of a scrapheap challenge but it worked well, then even better when I replaced the main vertical beam with a larger I beam.

I had to use a portable hydraulic power pack to work it.

https://picasaweb.google.com/113038090087066024057/20110226LogSplitter

I’ve got a friend that has a JCB 8015 mini digger.

We are keen to try to build a log splitter that can mount to where the bucket is fitted, and to use its hydraulics to power the splitter.

Has anyone seen or built one?

There are a couple of YouTube clips which show a type which uses the splitter to pick up a log and then split it. That’s not what I’m after. We’d like to build a static type similar to mine that be simply mounted to the digger.

honeybadgerx

Strap a large axe to the arm and wield it like a terminator style third limb?

rickmeister

Almost all farmers here In Black Forest run a hydraulic one off the rear pto on a tractor. The thing fits on the 3 pint linkage and woks with the tractor ticking over…

Is this an option ?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Almost all farmers here In Black Forest run a hydraulic one off the rear pto on a tractor. The thing fits on the 3 pint linkage and woks with the tractor ticking over…

Is this an option ?

His digger doesn’t have a PTO

iolo
    Free Member

Why does it need to be static if connected to a diggers boom?

mt
    Free Member

Seen on that runs of the hydraulics on a mini digger. As you require, it’s fitted in place of the bucket. Have a look in Classic Tractor or similar publications, there always seems to be some.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Why does it need to be static if connected to a diggers boom?

The only reason it’s mounted to the digger for it to provide the hydraulic power. As a bonus it could be moved, but there is no real need for it to be mobile.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Mini digger mounted log splitter. Anyone made one?’ is closed to new replies.