Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • mini clubman d ..reviews or thoughts
  • vondally
    Free Member

Hello SO is looking at a secondhand car, seen a 2007 Mini clubman d, has anyone owned one or reviews? What are the problems and issues withem?

goon
    Free Member

My wife had one. It was even worse than the hatchback she had (and went back to.) The rear doors give terrible visibility, and there’s very little extra space in the boot.

The rearward folding door is on the driver’s side, and you still have to get out of the front seat to allow someone to use it. So both driver and passenger have to open doors and step in to traffic. Utterly pointless.

tyrionl1
    Free Member

Mrs Lanister drives one, in fact she’s just been shafted by another mini service where they drop her up the outlet to do a bit of shopping, then ring me to give me the bad news, (discs are .01mm undersize so need replacing) I tell them to foxtrot oscar and when she gets back they are all huffy with her and she has no idea why.
    But other than don’t get conned by their smarmy service, it’s a steady enough vehicle, we can get Milo in the back have had five adults, it’s a mini so don’t expect cavernous luggage space but it pootles along nicely, you can chuck it about should the mood dictate and it’s not too uncomfortable on a long journey.

I can even reach the pedals and see over the steering wheel.

Daffy

goon – Member
    and there’s very little extra space in the boot.

Codswallop. I’ve had both, and whilst they’re admittedly not a proper estate car, the bootspace in the Clubman is faar more usable, and there’s space for rear passengers.

I had a Cooper S Clubman and would have another in a heartbeat. T’was a great little car. Easy to work on, cheap to run, great to drive and with the seats down, you can get a 56cm roadbike in the back without taking the wheels off.

There’s two levels of addition space underneath that folding floor.

robob
    Free Member

i had a couple and really enjoyed both of them.

enough space to make them worthwhile.
    i have a drive and rarely park roadside so the club door on the o/s was never an issue
    the club door is useful, especially for young ‘uns and especially if they’re still in a carry seat
    they look better than the hatch to these eyes
    handle well
    38mpg wasn’t great but i do have a heavy right foot and it was mostly town commute or a couple of bikes on the roof
    mine were both owned whilst new and under warranty so can’t comment on reliability

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘mini clubman d ..reviews or thoughts’ is closed to new replies.