Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Minecraft, I just don't get it.
  • scaredypants

Is there any point to watching films, reading books, going to the pub with your mates, talking bollocks on Internet forums?
    Is there any point to riding your bike?

Exactly my point

Oh man ! we haven’t had a proper existential crisis for weeks now 😀

messiah
    Free Member

Your lucky if they are only playing the game… just hope your kids don’t get obsessed with the stampylonghead minecraft channel on U-tube.

rewski
    Free Member

stampylonghead

that’s the fella, he must be on the minecraft payroll.

flicker
    Free Member

messiah – Member

Your lucky if they are only playing the game… just hope your kids don’t get obsessed with the stampylonghead minecraft channel on U-tube.

nods sagely

Uproar in our house the other weekend, screaming, shouting etc. Rushed in assuming someone was dead, or at least missing a limb, but no, the Youtube guy was playing in the same world as my boys, they were quite excited….

slackalice
    Free Member

I’m not sure why I have an issue with the youtube walkthrough’s but I do. Slack jr of 10 years, would spend all of his available time watching them from Minecraft to Mario to Lego Batman et al. Maybe I’m old fashioned, and putting aside the sometimes colourful language in the commentaries, but I thought part of the ‘fun’ of playing interactive games was to engage with them, explore, find out how to complete the various levels and hence gain a level of self-satisfaction from doing so.

As such, I find myself saying ‘no’ to walkthrough requests, with no more reason as to why other than I don’t believe them to be suitable. This, doesn’t go down too well. OTOH, when used as a reward for doing homework, good attitude and behaviour and generally being a top chap, they do have their benefit.

Your thoughts and experiences regarding the use of youtube walkthrough’s would be much appreciated. Thanks.

_tom_
    Free Member

I don’t get it either. My mates love it but I can’t stand just aimlessly building stuff in a game. I want a good story. Kerbal Space Programme is boring as **** as well.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Minecraft, I just don't get it.’ is closed to new replies.