Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Minchinhampton/Nailsworth routes
  • Kieran

I’ve got a couple of work colleagues staying at the Bear at Rodborough tomorrow night, both are mountain bikers and are bringing their bikes. I’ve said I’ll show them some local routs but I only really know the Cheltenham area.

As they are staying at the hotel we’d like to start and finish from there, if only so we can put post ride drinks and food on their expense accounts 🙂

Anybody got some easy to follow routs or gpx files that we could follow?

Cheers K

Kieran

Anybody?

IHN

Alright fella.

I sort of know some, but it would be have to be a description that you’d follow from a map as I’m not going to be able to get to Memory Map or anything now. Any good?

IHN

Actually, scratch that, now I’ve looked on a map and reminded myself where Rodborough is, it’s a bit outside of my circle of influence too… Sorry!

yarp
    Free Member

Try asking at Noah’s Arc or Black8bikes. Alternatively the Stroud Offroad Squad have a facebook page and those guys know the local area inside out.

flatfish
    Free Member

Mail me and I’ll send you a GPX

hectorthedog
    Free Member

You’re definitely going to need a few drinks after that climb to The Bear 🙂

Can you post back here with any interesting rides you find please. I know a few decent bits and pieces in the Nailsworth/Avening area but not enough to justify an excursion.

That said, if you find yourselves above Hazel Wood on the south side of the B4014, the drop down Water Lane is worth a try. It emerges next to The Weighbridge Inn.

HtD

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Minchinhampton/Nailsworth routes’ is closed to new replies.