Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Milton Keynes Bowl Car Parking
  • orena45

I’m off to the Foo Fighters gig in a month’s time and trying to decide whether to camp in town or stay in a Travelodge 20 miles away. Costs seem pretty much the same but I’m not sure what it’ll cost to park at the Bowl if I drive from the Travelodge?

Any ideas?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Think parkings about 6 quid for the day, basically In various fields etc around the bowl. Last time we went we stayed at a premier inn near a big lake. We decided to walk in, i was uneasy walking thro one of the estates so decided to walk back on the dual carraige way on the way back! That was by far and away a bad idea as it was pitch black!!

Jase
    Free Member

Could you not stay in a hotel in CMK e.g Travel Inn? Then a 20 min walk to bowl or they usually lay on free buses from train/bus station in CMK.

konabunny
    Free Member

Interestingest. Thread. Title. Evar! 😉

billybob
    Free Member

Good luck finding hotels – they all seemed fully booked about an hour after we got tickets…

orena45

Yeah everywhere in MK is booked out but there are a few vacancies at some places within 20 miles or so now.

Jase
    Free Member

Any in Northampton? You could then get the train or would that be a PITA

orena45

S*d it, just booked myself in at a TL on the M40 – bit of a drive after the gig but it’s on the way home for the next day and will be comfy compared to a travel mat in a tent!

billybob
    Free Member

are you going to the Saturday or the Sunday gig?

orena45

Saturday, can’t wait 😀

dogbert
    Free Member

Had exactly this conversation with my brother in law yesterday.

Woman at the end of my street is going and she was telling me at new year that she was having trouble getting a B&B. I think we’re going to drive, luckily he’s based in Welwyn Garden City so it’s not to bad. Thought about getting the train up but it goes into London first for some daft reason

Rochey
    Free Member

If I were you park up in one of the estates and walk over, I live in MK and from my home to the Bowl 30mins walking 5 to 10 mins by bike (and can hear if from my home depending on the wind, LOL).

Get down early and spend the day at the bowl.

wrightyson
    Free Member

The “estate” I walked through scared me a little, rufty tufty street wise builder man, yeah not when followed by 4 lads who’d been supping outside a spar type shop! 😆

Rochey
    Free Member

Try parking in either of the following –

Bletchley
    Furzton
    Shenley Lodge
    Shenley Church End
    Loughton
    Emerson Vally (longer walk TBH)
    Great Holm (longer walk)
    Crownhill (again longer walk)

Let me know

Jase
    Free Member

Think you will find that measures are now in place to stop people parking in the estates in the surrounding area e.g. Furzton.

Rochey
    Free Member

true but you will always find places to park, trust me.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Milton Keynes Bowl Car Parking’ is closed to new replies.