Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Mills Hills Sportive 14th October 2012
  • millscc
    Free Member

Ok so I know none of you die hard MTB riders will want to do the two beastly road options…however we do have a CX option too!

http://www.millshills.co.uk

And there’s PIES at the end!

And you might win a prize from Kinesis UK and Morvelo on the timed hill climbs (yes there are age group categories, we had a complaint from a rather sprightly 74 year old who didn’t want to miss out).

It’s going to be ace….I’m excited!

Emma

rOcKeTdOg

Mmmm pies

millscc
    Free Member

and COBBLES! 😆

mountainposture

Mmmm pies

Looks fab

cp

and cheap. could be interested in that.

mattmbk
    Free Member

Did someone say Pies?

stever
    Free Member

Pie and pave? Looks ace. Will see if I’m free.

millscc
    Free Member

Did I mention the fresh coffee? 😉

Merlinman

Pies & cobbles = piles?

Looks good!

millscc
    Free Member
    crazy-legs

I’m trying to decide between the road one and the CX one.
    Which should I do please? 😉

James

millscc
    Free Member

I can’t decide for you! If you’re quick you might manage both! 😉

millscc
    Free Member

Here’s a SUNNY FILM

Get entered! millshills.co.uk

nammynake
    Free Member

Quite tempted to do the 70 mile route. Weather forecast seems reasonable too !

Clover

CX for me. Hurray!

trio25
    Free Member

So how did people find it?

I rode the CX option, loved it although I would have prefered my mountain bike the descents were a bit much for me.

The weather was great, organisation fantastic and muffins at the feed stop. I’m looking forward to next year!

Clover

We proceeded at a stately pace with our novice CX charge. It was a glorious day and some of my favourite CX loops (although I’ve never put them together like that and there were some new bits too) so I had a lovely time.

Loved (in a stupid way) descending Penny Steps (in front of Stoodley Pike) – first time I’ve done the whole thing but also the first time with discs. London Road (the climb on the way back towards Hebden) is not usually that muddy (electricity board churned it up). High Brown Knoll is unless it’s been dry for a while, which it hasn’t. I forgot. I may have misled you a bit about the not swimming. Oops.

The last descent off High Brown Knoll into Luddenden is the only one I really regretted not having a mountain bike. The timed climb was cruel and I felt sick!

Also the last little bit as you came into Hebden and then realised you were being sent back up the side of the hill again rather than along the valley bottom straight back to base. That was just plain naughty.

But really, how gorgeous was this? A great day out..

More rocks on HBK by Chipps Chippendale, on Flickr

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Mills Hills Sportive 14th October 2012’ is closed to new replies.