Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Millets….40% off absolutely everything
  • peterfile
    Free Member

Took advantage of this both instore and online.

Even if stuff is already discounted (e.g. buy one get one free), they still take another 40% off the total price.

Grab some bargains while you can……

Millets 40% sale

was
    Free Member

Cheers just bought a couple of items!

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

spotted this in manchester ‘tother week and bought some reduced walking boots, reduced from 100 quid to 29.99 bargain. Good proper hillwalking boots from karrimor.

wrecker
    Free Member

I get some waterproof peter storm boots for walking the dog. Been pretty good for £11.99 🙂

sofatester
    Free Member

Something is going seriously wrong with Blacks/Millets. I really hope it’s just because of the exceptionally mild weather as we are told, not a last ditched effort to save the whole company.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Millets/ Blacks group will be the next victims of the recession 🙁

Get in there, vultures! 😆

footflaps

Severe cash flow problems – they need to convert stock to cash to pay wages & rent else they’ll fold…

mrmo
    Free Member

they almost went last year, shut a load of shops etc. I don’t see blacks getting through the coming year, see what happens when the january rent becomes due.

Stoner
    Free Member

Mike Ashley making a mess of things agin perhaps?

http://www.business-sale.com/news/article/struggling-blacks-leisure-attempts-to-secure-rescue-deal-35653.html

ANyway, popped into Worcester Millets this afternoon for a nose around.
    Got a few christmas presents. Theres not a lot of technical stuff in there – berghaus being the only reputable brand and unfortunately Im OK for rain jackets etc so nothing for me. They do have Bridgedale socks though, which are rarely discounted so a chance to reload the sock drawer.

OS maps are in the discount as well so that’s handy.

Also Powermonkey stuff which again is hard to find heavily dsicounted most of the time. couple of nice casio watches, but I dont wear a watch.

Anyone after any coleman stuff might find a bargin, but again, Im all sorted with MSR stuff.

Duggan

I notice they stock a few camelbacks if anyone is interested in them

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Notice that all the The North Face stuff has disappeared from the site. Still listed as a brand, but no stock showing…

Jamie
    Free Member

Yeah I noticed that, was after a cheap Gordon Lyons or Zermatt top, but they got nadda.

footflaps

Bit weird Mike Ashley being a part owner – he also owns their biggest rival Field & Trek – which he has merged into his Chav-Emporium business.

AngusWells

I don’t think Mike Ashley’s share ownership is weired at all. It’s protecting his existing business. He owns (and has trashed the reputation of) Karrimor so wants a toe hold with one of their major stockists. I hate what his organization has done to Karrimor and Field and Trek and he has turned the once great Lillywhites at Picadilly Circus into one of the most vial sports shops/chav emporiums ever, but I suspect he will be the first customer in the New Year sales picking over what is left of Blacks.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

turned the once great Lillywhites at Picadilly Circus into one of the most vial sports shops/chav emporiums ever

This is true and makes me sad. It used to be a real treat to go to Lillywhites. If you wanted something special it was where you’d head to, now it’s somewhere you avoid.

_tom_
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads up 🙂 Anyone know if the Peter Storm long sleeve base layers are any good? I need something warm for winter.

Marko

Big thanks for the heads up.
    OH cleared out the local one of 250 and 500 gas cylinders. Result!
    Marko

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Worth keeping an eye on Blacks – at least 2 of thier shops lately have been doing the same with 30% off everything.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Millets….40% off absolutely everything’ is closed to new replies.